Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Can you point me in the right direction,
I need to beef up my suspension without comprising the soft ride as much as possible for towing a cargo trailer across country for a move,
It’s still a family car.
2018 corolla IE stock.
Thank you

Mark:grin:
Mark,

I had a hitch on my Corolla for a while, and towed a small 4x6 trailer I used for auto detailing. Total weight was MAYBE 800-100 lbs and the Corolla REALLY struggled. I wouldn't recommend using the Corolla to try and haul everything you own across country.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Corolla iM

Still no update for the iM mods? Been doing some research on my own and turbo kit that turbokits.com makes will bolt up with our exhaust manifold at the very least. Just like the Corolla sedan, the piping for the intercooler and such will have to be custom. Tuning might be different as well since the iM uses valvematic.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,321 Posts
Corolla iM

Still no update for the iM mods? Been doing some research on my own and turbo kit that turbokits.com makes will bolt up with our exhaust manifold at the very least. Just like the Corolla sedan, the piping for the intercooler and such will have to be custom. Tuning might be different as well since the iM uses valvematic.
The base tune will work fine until you got it fine tuned locally. The parts will all bolt up but as you said the I/C pipe will need to be tweaked but that is simple to do. I love the turbo kit on my 2009 Corolla S. The car is completely transformed with 230 HP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
vvti intake solenoid. exhaust solenoid coming soon.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,321 Posts
Corolla iM

Everything should fit okay with minor adjustments to the I/C piping. The base tune should also work fine until the final tune was performed. I love the turbo kit. It performs beautifully and is of very high quality. Having the extra 100 HP is a beautiful thing. I have it installed on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo and love having a very unique 10th Gen Corolla.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts