Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
I got what Fitment industries recommended for me as far as compatible tires with the wheels View attachment 291783
Well their information is very wrong. Good to do your own homework and not rely on others. That's what we as a group are here for, to help each other.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SuperchargedMR2, what brand are the fog lights you have on your iM? Are those the Winjet ones? Since I'm going to have my car in to have the hood and front end repainted anyways, figured I'd do those at the same time.

Also, did some digging both here on the forums and and a few other sources that I trust, and I think I am going to end up going with the 17x8 Motegi MR131, with 235/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus tires. I've gotten from several people that those tires are way more grippy than the Neo Gen one, and have nearly as good a treadlife. And with the better tires, the pair are only about $70 more than the 18's would have been.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
SuperchargedMR2, what brand are the fog lights you have on your iM? Are those the Winjet ones? Since I'm going to have my car in to have the hood and front end repainted anyways, figured I'd do those at the same time.

Also, did some digging both here on the forums and and a few other sources that I trust, and I think I am going to end up going with the 17x8 Motegi MR131, with 235/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus tires. I've gotten from several people that those tires are way more grippy than the Neo Gen one, and have nearly as good a treadlife. And with the better tires, the pair are only about $70 more than the 18's would have been.
I'm not sure of the brand of fog lights. I bought them on eBay a couple of years ago and the are built in LED fog lights, not ones that use a LED bulb. There are a lot of different ones on eBay.

Looking forward to seeing your wheels. I think the 17x8 is the best size choice. I love the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. I have them on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo and I love them. I would stick with the 225/45R17 size though as that is the exact proper diameter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody still looking at this forum in 2020?
I have been looking all over the place trying to find a good set of day running lights to install on my base 11th gen. I'm trying to find either a pair of small stripes with LED on them, or find a good setup to add fog lights with a custom style with DRL that may work on the fog light assembly spaces (since my base corolla is not equipped with fog lights). Can anyone toss some links to where you have found any good DRL?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Anybody still looking at this forum in 2020?
I have been looking all over the place trying to find a good set of day running lights to install on my base 11th gen. I'm trying to find either a pair of small stripes with LED on them, or find a good setup to add fog lights with a custom style with DRL that may work on the fog light assembly spaces (since my base corolla is not equipped with fog lights). Can anyone toss some links to where you have found any good DRL?
Do you have a Corolla sedan or Corolla iM? What year Corolla if it's a sedan? The front changed during production so that could change the information. Did you look on eBay for your year Corolla?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have a Corolla sedan or Corolla iM? What year Corolla if it's a sedan? The front changed during production so that could change the information. Did you look on eBay for your year Corolla?
Yeah, it changed a lot during this gen.
I have a 2016 Base Corolla sedan, which does not come equipped with fog lights, it just has the plastic covers where the fog light assembly should be.
I have already ran some cable and have an on/off switch mounted on my dash for some cheap Walmart small strobe lights o found for 20 bucks, but they no longer work (did not expect much from those 20 dollars). So I do not exactly need an overpriced "kit".
I found these DRL light strips on this website: Toyota Corolla LED Daytime Running Light Kit 2014-2016
But I think it is ridiculously overpriced for just LED lights.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Yeah, it changed a lot during this gen.
I have a 2016 Base Corolla sedan, which does not come equipped with fog lights, it just has the plastic covers where the fog light assembly should be.
I have already ran some cable and have an on/off switch mounted on my dash for some cheap Walmart small strobe lights o found for 20 bucks, but they no longer work (did not expect much from those 20 dollars). So I do not exactly need an overpriced "kit".
I found these DRL light strips on this website: Toyota Corolla LED Daytime Running Light Kit 2014-2016
But I think it is ridiculously overpriced for just LED lights.
Well there are a bunch of choices on eBay so take your pic. Here is just one of many choices. for 2014 2015 2016 TOYOTA COROLLA CE L LE Bumper Fog Lights Lamps+Bulbs+Harness | eBay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well there are a bunch of choices on eBay so take your pic. Here is just one of many choices. for 2014 2015 2016 TOYOTA COROLLA CE L LE Bumper Fog Lights Lamps+Bulbs+Harness | eBay
Yeah, I appreciate it, but I am not really looking for the stock fog light assembly, instead I am looking for a custom day running light, but if I happen to find a custom fog light assembly which provides a day running light accent with it it would work great, but if not, just some nice looking day running lights would be fine since I have most of the setup already installed.
Also, here is a picture of the cheap strobe lights I purchased already installed on my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
UPDATE; I found these LED strips on amazon: Amazon.com: iJDMTOY 7-Inch Xenon White Universal Fit High Power COB Continuous Lighting LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL Lamps): Automotive
but I am not sure if they would be bright enough, they're 30 dollars though, but they might just do the work. As I said, I am looking for DRL just to make my ride stand out a little bit from other Corollas on the road. I was trying to find some sort of retro fit from the DRL from a 2017 or the XLE version with those amazing LED ligths right on the fog light area, but couldn't find any of them.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Yeah, I appreciate it, but I am not really looking for the stock fog light assembly, instead I am looking for a custom day running light, but if I happen to find a custom fog light assembly which provides a day running light accent with it it would work great, but if not, just some nice looking day running lights would be fine since I have most of the setup already installed.
Also, here is a picture of the cheap strobe lights I purchased already installed on my car.
You can always get some LED lights from The Retrofit Source and modify the fog light housings to use them as a DRL. I just use my Morimoto LED fog lights that I bought from TRS for my DRL on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo 5MT. I added some LED fog lights to my 2017 Corolla iM 6MT and I use them as a DRL also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can always get some LED lights from The Retrofit Source and modify the fog light housings to use them as a DRL. I just use my Morimoto LED fog lights that I bought from TRS for my DRL on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo 5MT. I added some LED fog lights to my 2017 Corolla iM 6MT and I use them as a DRL also.
View attachment 296561
View attachment 296562
Sorry for late response my Man, your rides look absolutely awesome! I love that color combo, silver with dark accents.
Even though, I am looking for something a little bit more custom like this picture of a guy with his amazing Corolla. But I haven't found any similar products. I feel like this addition to my car would be great and sort of kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Adding fog lights and some great custom LED DRL.

Attachments

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Sorry for late response my Man, your rides look absolutely awesome! I love that color combo, silver with dark accents.
Even though, I am looking for something a little bit more custom like this picture of a guy with his amazing Corolla. But I haven't found any similar products. I feel like this addition to my car would be great and sort of kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Adding fog lights and some great custom LED DRL.
Just about anything is possible with lights. You can always check with The Retrofit Source about some ideas from them. They are an excellent resource.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
158 Posts
Looks like hardrace - who sells a front sway bar is based out of Australia?

Is there any US based suppliers?

Came across this front sway bar kit but still have to do some research, not sure if OEM replacement or if performance replacement:

With image: Proforged Chassis Parts 140-10014

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Looks like hardrace - who sells a front sway bar is based out of Australia?

Is there any US based suppliers?

Came across this front sway bar kit but still have to do some research, not sure if OEM replacement or if performance replacement:

With image: Proforged Chassis Parts 140-10014
You need a better rear sway bar than more front bar on a FWD. Beefing up the RSB will make the handling more neutral and have less understeer.

Reactions: GDM

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102 sedan, 2006 ZZE122 wagon, 2018 ZRE182 hatch
2,630 Posts
Has anyone here tried the new MWR short shift kit? They've changed from modifying the in-cabin shifter arm to moving the pickup point on the gearbox linkage (only for fore-aft movement), they also list it as suitable for the iM as well but I've been reliably informed by a mate who bought one for his ZRE152 hatch that it doesn't quite fit the linkage arm on the 152/182/186 EC60s (I believe the US 172 has the EC65 with a different arm). Apparently MWR are aware of this and are re-designing it, but I wouldn't mind having some more opinions/experiences.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
For anyone wanting to upgrade the rear sway bar for the 2016-18 iM the sway bar for the Lexus CT200h fits perfectly as it has the same basic rear suspension as the iM and tC2. It looks different but it's the camera angle. They are the same size other than diameter.
Tool Automotive exterior Auto part Metal Font

Here is a video of the install.

Reactions: GDM and cb91710

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
158 Posts
Tried searching for deals within this community. But returned with nil.

Anyone aware of any deals going on? Looking for suspension upgrade. I may bite the bullet with coilovers. Hoping to save some money on my next upgrade.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,325 Posts
Tried searching for deals within this community. But returned with nil.

Anyone aware of any deals going on? Looking for suspension upgrade. I may bite the bullet with coilovers. Hoping to save some money on my next upgrade.
I have BC Coilovers on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo and love them.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts