Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking bout getting a intake, but dunno which one and which brand to get, can any1 help me
and what other engine mods are there for the camry
also can someone show me some of the bodykits that are availble for the camry
thanks

:D :D

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
ya man, you in the vancouver region? i havn't heard of any intake for the 3mz yet, but i know toyota does offer the Borla exhaust system. and ya, the vizage kit is hotness, theres a thread about it right now, do a quick search and youll come across it

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
fatfataboi,

Same here!!! I've found it hard to find parts for the Gen5 Camry. So far I've changed my muffler(Aero-Turbine), headlights(Xenon 6000K bulbs) and taillights(IPCW Platinum Smokes) . As far as I can tell there's no intakes for our cars yet(Assuming you've got a V6. Intakes for the I4 are already out.)

My to do list: Solara gate shifter, TRD Rear sway bar, TRD strut tower brace, TRD lowering springs, Intake when available, 18x7.5 Chrome Kazera KZ-A wheels, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW2 225-45 YR-18 radials, Vizage front air dam and Vizage eye lids(Vizage full kit is pictured below).

Hey, keep me posted on your upgrades.:)
I'll let you know of my upgrades along with pics.:)
Do a search of my user name and you can see some of the previous threads concerning Gen5's. I also posted pics of my exhaust and headlights and taillights.

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts

Top Gun Front Bump

Rear

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
fatfataboi said:
wow!! nice ride man
cant believe u can turn a camry into that
yes i got the LE v6
keep me up to date on ur car man
post pics
Uhm... that is not his car. :rofl:

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
fatfataboi said:
wow!! nice ride man
cant believe u can turn a camry into that
yes i got the LE v6
keep me up to date on ur car man
post pics
Sorry if I led you to beleive that the Camry picture was my ride.

My Camry doesn't have the Vizage front air dam or eye lids that's why it's in my "to do list".:(

But no worries, one day I'll be finished with my ride.:D

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
fatfataboi said:
thats ok
it will be soon right?
I hope by February of next year.
I'm giving myself the rims and tires for Christmas.:D

The lowering springs and rear sway bar will be ordered next week.
I want to be sure of clearances before ordering my rims and tires.

Maybe october I will order all the pieces that need paint.
So I can get it all painted and installed at one time.
I'm also going to get the front end clear coated with some type of protective clear.
Too many chips are already up front.
I installed a full bra on my wife's 2003 SE.
I can't get one because it won't fit with the front air dam.

PS - I just ordered the Black Pearl Emblem set.
So I can take off that chrome toy emblem.:D

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
fatfataboi said:
nice dawg
what bout the inside??

what kinda decks you guys have
With my exhaust a deck isn't in my near future. It's too loud in my car at certain RPMs. At others it's quiet as can be. I'm considering installing a resonator to kill some of the db level.

But it sounds good most of the time, so I really don't want to get a resonator. But a deck is out of the question unless I do get one.

PS - I got the factory JBL stereo/CD with the 8 speakers. Ample sound and bass.

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
Mikey21 said:
PS - I just ordered the Black Pearl Emblem set.
So I can take off that chrome toy emblem.:D
in your signature it says you have an 04 SE, and you ordered the black pearl emblem. to clarify that a bit, you mean the logo? not the emblems?

the reason why i ask is because... wondering you either have a different package or class of camry whatsoever, because wondering why would you have to order the emblem set since the SE already comes with it except some cars have the chrome logo on the grill as well as the trunk.

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
1MZ-FE said:
in your signature it says you have an 04 SE, and you ordered the black pearl emblem. to clarify that a bit, you mean the logo? not the emblems?

the reason why i ask is because... wondering you either have a different package or class of camry whatsoever, because wondering why would you have to order the emblem set since the SE already comes with it except some cars have the chrome logo on the grill as well as the trunk.
No, I mean the complete emblem set.

And yes, mine has the chrome logo on it.

I have 2 Camry's.

I bought a 2003 I4 SE for my wife. I bought the Black Pearl Emblems for her hood and trunk.

They are not the same as the rest of the stock SE emblems. The stock SE emblems look almost like a flat or maybe a semi gloss black. The Black Pearl ones look like they were chromed then smoked and re-cleared. They are definitely sweeter!:cool:

Sooo, I bought the complete Black Pearl emblem set for my 2004 V6 SE. I'll remove the stock SE ones and replace them with the Pearls. Only the SE emblem won't be replaced(Because an SE set is not made I bought a XLE set).

I think I may try spraying my SE emblem with a high gloss clear coat. I also bought the chrome VVT-i emblem. How do you think I could make it look black yet translucent? So I would be able to see the underlying chrome like the Black Pearl ones???

Here's the rear of my car! Looks pretty stupid with that chrome Toy emblem. (heh, heh, heh, how do you like my new tails,,,, :D )

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
its an interesting aftermarket tail... just too many "fingers" on there. just in my opinion my taste i don't like too many lines separating... however, it does look interesting on the darker color car like yours compare to the lighter color that looks:bleh:

as for the vvt-i "chrome" emblem where would you put that? on the trunk, side fender, interior... if you put it on the trunk or whatever, wouldn't you think it would be too many emblems on your trunk as it is already? but that is my opinion though, because i have different tastes for clean look that's why.

now back to your question, i personally think that it would be good to send the emblem to the automotive shop to paint the
vvt-i emblem and tell them what you want. just in case or to be safe; if you mess up or something on it or you don't seem to like it etc. the auto paint shop would be able to suite what you need and if they mess up then they have to get you another emblem... but just find the place to fit the pricing. other than that, i think if you are able to purchase the black pearl emblem set, then you are able to afford to have the shop spray paint that emblem for you, and it be good too if whatever left over of the paint they have then you can have them spray your "SE" emblem too.

so good luck on your decision and keep up with the $$$ modification:p: that funny part is; the closer one gets, or one step after another to complete modifying the car, then one doesn't have to spend tremendous amount of money put into the car anymore after they're done. then realizing, "dammit, i could have bought an ES with the amount i put on my camry..." that is where i am at right now:lol: but its almost done.

so yeah, besides that this thread has gone too :eek:t: so i'm going to leave that as it is, unless there is another thread to continue about it

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
1MZ-FE said:
its an interesting aftermarket tail... just too many "fingers" on there. just in my opinion my taste i don't like too many lines separating... however, it does look interesting on the darker color car like yours compare to the lighter color that looks:bleh:
Yep, I tried looking at all the aftermarket tails I could find(Not many to chose from). This in my mind was the best match for my color vehicle, and when I installed them I was happy with the look. I kept putting off the buying new tails hoping they would make a better looking one. None became available. I wanted an altezza style but they didn't seem to matck my car very well.

1MZ-FE said:
as for the vvt-i "chrome" emblem where would you put that? on the trunk, side fender, interior... if you put it on the trunk or whatever, wouldn't you think it would be too many emblems on your trunk as it is already? but that is my opinion though, because i have different tastes for clean look that's why.
I'm removing the Toyota emblem on the upper left, replacing it with the new Camry emblem and the old SE emblem. The upper right will be empty.

On the lower right I'll replace the old V6 emblem with the new one and place the VVT-i emblem to the right of it. The lower left will be empty.

I think that will look cleaner than it is now, and maybe be a little sweeter.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts