Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know any one who makes headers, except pacesetter?

Any other parts as well?

Thanks in advance.

-Andy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The stock iron headers on the 1st gen 3SGE motor, are pretty good, with the downpipe they are a 4-2-1 design, so it is questionable if an aftermarket header would add much power. Since i have never tried i don't know. Most aftermarket headers are 4-1 design, which may give better top end power, i do know that a 5SFE header will bolt to the head, then you would custom fabricate to the downpipe, hotshot.com makes 5SFE header for 90-93 celica, mr2, I would be curious on how much power it would make, but it is around $400.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO, unfortunatly, i couldnt find or afford a Beams 3sge.:disappoin

But it still makes more power then a USA gts celica.

What would cams do to my power/idle?

Who makes adjustable cam gears?

-Andy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
HKS and AEM make cam gears for the GE head... Question is, is do you know how to properly tune that engine to benifit from the cam gears...? Get a Apexi SAFC it runs about 150-300 bucks... It will get about 10-15 to the ground properly tuned.. Lets see I Get a Custom CAI, Port your head and intake manifold a lil.. then get a GTE Turbo Manifold and turbo.. Then turbo the sucker :) You would love it!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, but i need a new tranny too. Because the starter in under the exhaust manifold.DAMN. Already thought of it, but i might be selling it and then getting another celica with a blown motor and putting a 2nd or 3rd gen 3sge into it, or if it comes with a 3sfe, i'll drop a 3sgte into it and make a GT2.LOL

-Andy.

·
Nuckin Futs
72 Posts
I bought a Pacesetter header for my GTS. Mistakenly ordering it after finding out it's for the GT,I went to install it and it didn't fit. So I cut it,added some piping and made it fit,and let me tell you,it is a night and day difference. The quality is shit,but man,so much more power. Throttle response was immediately better,gas milage improved,torque and hp imporved.

Get a header. Best investment you will make for your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts