Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Tri-Camry Family
2001 Toyota Camry
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was clean out the garage when I my failed attempt to black out my corner lamp. Every went bad. Cracked len, bad paint, bad sealant, broken mounting tab, ect. Good thing I found a OEM replacement at the slavage yard for $13 :D

Like to share any story of your mods gone wrong. Anything that you did at first seemed cool but turned out not to be? Any mods or purchase you later regret because you found something better (I know I did :facepalm:) or repairs you did that only made it worse?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Installed an overbuilt 300amp Ford 3G alternator, sure it was easy to fit, and was a lot more power, but sticking a huge overbuilt alternator within inches of a large catalytic converter and a radiator under the hood of a mid sized sedan tends to make a little bit of heat, who would have guessed? Now it's sitting on a shelf waiting for me to relocate the converter to under the car.

I got it to charge at 13.4v hot finally by making an air intake tube from the fake fog light area and raising the back of the hood up and removing the seal at the back of the hood, but still at stop lights you could see the heat raising off of it, and in the rain there was always one dry spot on the hood.

·
Registered
60 Posts
95 Ranger. 4 cyl, reg cab, white aluminum contractor's cap with ladder rack. I was 18, it was my first vehicle.

One day I picked up some rattle cans and pin striping, and tape from Autozone. Grabbed a stack of old newspaper to help with masking. Looked at the truck head on and visualized what I wanted for a bit.

It was windy, there was dust in the air, but who cared. I had vision.

Four words for you.

HAND PAINTED RACING STRIPES.

Unfortunately I have no good pictures anywhere but I'm sure if I have a look around I can find some of the old paint chips in the driveway.

·
Registered
1994 MR2 Turbo
120 Posts
Installing aftermarket keyless entry/power door locks on my base model Corolla. It seemed like a great idea on paper. 16+ frustrating hours of labor later I finally have power locks and keyless entry but they do not work with the door panels installed. So I am driving around without door panels until I can figure out the issue :disappoin

Four words for you.

HAND PAINTED RACING STRIPES.
There is something about being 18 and wanting racing stripes, that brings back memories...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts