Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,600 Posts
1. Take pics with the sun behind you so we can see the car and not shadows.
2. Eibach lowering springs. Mild drop with good ride quality.
3. TRD rear sway bar (RSB)
4. TRD front strut brace (FSB)
5. 17x8 wheels with 35mm offset
6. 225/45R17 tires

This will dramatically improve the handling, braking, steering, and looks of your Corolla. :grin:

·
Corolla Fan
2013 Corolla L
429 Posts
1. Take pics with the sun behind you so we can see the car and not shadows.
2. Eibach lowering springs. Mild drop with good ride quality.
3. TRD rear sway bar (RSB)
4. TRD front strut brace (FSB)
5. 17x8 wheels with 35mm offset
6. 225/45R17 tires

This will dramatically improve the handling, braking, steering, and looks of your Corolla. :grin:
I was gonna say all the above. I've done all those with the difference being
5. 18x9.5 wheels with 38mm offset
6. 225/40R18 tires

my handling, steering and looks are improved greatly. idk about braking improving?, but body roll was decreased significantly to the point where it was a noticeable change when a driver of a stock corolla would drive my car and take turns in it.

If you want to improve braking add:

7. Hawk HPS brake pads
8. EPS Slotted Rotors or Stoptech slotted Rotors

Then if you want to improve intake and exhaust sounds significantly, and throttle response SLIGHTLY you can always add:

9. cold/ram air intake
10. catback/axleback exhaust
11. resonator delete (go to a muffler shop)

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,600 Posts
I was gonna say all the above. I've done all those with the difference being
5. 18x9.5 wheels with 38mm offset
6. 225/40R18 tires

my handling, steering and looks are improved greatly. idk about braking improving?, but body roll was decreased significantly to the point where it was a noticeable change when a driver of a stock corolla would drive my car and take turns in it.

If you want to improve braking add:

7. Hawk HPS brake pads
8. EPS Slotted Rotors or Stoptech slotted Rotors

Then if you want to improve intake and exhaust sounds significantly, and throttle response SLIGHTLY you can always add:

9. cold/ram air intake
10. catback/axleback exhaust
11. resonator delete (go to a muffler shop)
The best way to improve braking performance is to upgrade to better tires. This part is taken care of with the plus sizing of the wheels. :wink: Not that improving pads doesn't also help but the best thing that can be done is i proving the traction of the tire. This allows a higher coefficient of friction while braking which allows higher braking power before the tire loses traction and the ABS has to step in.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,600 Posts
Maybe you should just drive it the way it is and use the money saved to help pay it off or put in a retirement fund.
good point here is to definitely pay it off first, don't spend big bucks until youve done that.
While I agree that paying off the car and saving for retirement are important this is not a one or the other situation. You can pay off your car, even early, put money aside for retirement and enjoy some mods. Life is too short not to enjoy the ride along the way as tomorrow is never a guarantee. Always do these things within your means.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts