Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is shattered and am looking to find one from a junkyard and install it myself.. I didnt see anything covering it in my Haynes Manual.. I was wondering if anyone had a DIY for it or knew where I could find instructions and possible pictures.. Oh yeah my cars a 1993 Camry LE..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just the glass.. they said they cant repair it unless its the size of dollar bill.. mine is shattered completely.. Im suprised its still in one piece.. but the motor is fine and I am going to be getting the glass part soon just need a DIY of how to do it since my Haynes doesnt cover it..

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure they peeled back the head liner to access the sunroof when I had mine replaced. It was a RAV4 though, might not be the same.:confused:

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
^ Yup, you have to remove the head liner.

After that its just a matter of unbolting the sunroof and lifting it out.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
On 93 Cams, the replacement is done from the outside. If you want to do it, tape up your s/roof opening before you begin. Roof liner also has to be dropped to access.
Its described in the Toyota shop manual, also includes adjustment of the darn thing. EBay for it. Too involved to post.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for all the help... A few more things.. Will I have to remove the whole moonroof or is there a way or removing just the glass piece.. And if I have to remove the whole thing.. Is there something I should use to prevent it from leaking...

Thanks for the help..

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
The whole thing.
Duct tape and heavy duty plastic sheeting until you get it fixed.

Or, if you really want something different...
Get a hold of someone that can make you an insert out of carbon fiber. If you can mount it in the rails, you will have a lightweight sunroof. Huge weight savings and a functional sunroof.:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts