Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how can I squeez a few horses on a 4afe without the help turbo or supercharger (In other words N/A.):confused:

·
Registered
1995 corolla
103 Posts
intake with cone filter, header, larger diameter exhaust system, nitrous, Apexi SAFC-II, and maybe a lightweight flywheel.

·
Registered
2014 Camry Hybrid XL
1,791 Posts
We need a Corolla FAQ

something like this:

'The 1989-2000 Corolla has a lawnmower engine: Get over it'

adjust the year is you feel your Corolla is a rocket...
:lol:

Just to not let people down too hard when they think they can get this 4 cylinder putt-putt engine to run like a Blown Hemi

It is what it has, a very good reliable economy car engine... For that we are happy :cool:

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I love it how people just give a whole list of mods they probably read from import tuner.When those mods wont actually make your car be significantly more powerful.

I'd drive it stock.

·
7AFTE's are fun
1994 Corolla LE
309 Posts
Actually the OP question should read:

"Anybody know how I can use the search function to look up this question that was probably answered like a million times?"

·
Registered
1995 corolla
103 Posts
I love it how people just give a whole list of mods they probably read from import tuner.When those mods wont actually make your car be significantly more powerful.

I'd drive it stock.
resident asshole suits you perfectly Flashmn. all they wanted to know is what can they do to get more power. all these mods produce more power, any 1 of them by itself is not much ( except for nitrous), but together they would provide a noticable boost in response and top speed.

·
7AFTE's are fun
1994 Corolla LE
309 Posts
resident asshole suits you perfectly Flashmn. all they wanted to know is what can they do to get more power. all these mods produce more power, any 1 of them by itself is not much ( except for nitrous), but together they would provide a noticable boost in response and top speed.
I plan to beat Flash someday.

·
BANNED
1,497 Posts
:lol: reworded

Flashmn, your a really big meanie for trying to help. i never said they didn't created any power, so there I got you on a minor technicality because I want to seem right. screw the fuel cuts, they ain't stopping the corolla or anybody. just watch the fast and the furious, the eclipse was able to have a faster top speed by nitrous. with all our powers combined, i am captain planet
intake with cone filter, header, larger diameter exhaust system, nitrous, Apexi SAFC-II, and maybe a lightweight flywheel.
intake and header sure

nitrous is fi, so its not na

exhaust would free exhaust flow but will change when the power comes

ot did not say manual or auto, but if its auto i'd like to see a lightweight flywheel there :clap:

if your just gonna throw in random parts might as well throw in pullies, you might think adding those parts would always give more power but if not properly researched you can lose power and or shift the power band

·
Registered
1995 corolla
103 Posts
my understanding of n/a means naturally aspirated, where the engine draws in the air by itself, not forced induction, which would mean compressing the incoming air. how could nitrous possibly compress the incoming air? and what fuel cut are you referring to? i've had my 95 corolla up to almost 135mph with just a short ram intake, and i didn't hit any sort of fuel cut/top speed limiter. and if your referring to the computer only allowing so much fuel in, you must have missed the part about the SAFC-II.

also, the only reason i mentioned flash was because he tried to make it sound like i'm a noob at this (got it out of a magazine), when i've been building engines for almost 14 years (with great success), and he doesn't even know who i am.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Intake, header and exhaust.. WOW! a whopping 5hp gain! :wowza: that should put that 4AFE from mid 16s quarter mile to low 16s quarter mile! :lol:

Seriously, unless you're spending some serious cash for pistons, cams, and "insert your favorite internals mod here" you're not going to get any more than 2-5hp gains. :disappoin

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
also, the only reason i mentioned flash was because he tried to make it sound like i'm a noob at this (got it out of a magazine), when i've been building engines for almost 14 years (with great success), and he doesn't even know who i am.
Lol, you just got butthurt over a general statement that wasnt directed towards anyone, then you continued to slander me in a private message, .. wow.. you totally earn my respect...well I answered to your message with equal warmth and friendliness. True, I dont even know who you are, should I, do I even want to? Hell, I dont even live in that side of the atlantic ocean.

You're going to spend a shitload of money for few hp... great.

Since you're an engine builder for 14 years, you should know N2O is considered chemical supercharging, you get more oxygen from the breaking of the N2O molecule. Its a gray area, but thats how it goes.

I plan to beat Flash someday.
Get in line buddy. I dont think I've been very hostile towards you, i think I actually helped you few times. Remember that fueling problem... thanks for nothing.

·
Registered
2014 Camry Hybrid XL
1,791 Posts
If you did want to spend al this money into a Corolla, to get more horsepower... I was kinda curious...

there is a section on this website for pictures,, there is a picture of Someone's Corolla with headers and 4 Sidedraft Webers (I think they are Webers). it is a BlackTop Engine. But it doe snot say what country this guy is in.

I wondered how much horsepower his engine puts out.

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8281/cat/517

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8282/cat/517

I guess someone could page him and ask. I personally could not see spending much on an old Corolla, as you get get some sports car for the same money you are investing...

Also, being in an area with strict smog laws and inspections, that's another large hurdle to get over. Not to mention living in an area with to much traffic and speed limit laws heavily enforced. But it is nice to have power when you want it. :cool: And Gas is going ot be $5.00 a gallon here soon. :disappoin

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I've played with bike carbs, I've played with weber sidedrafts and other carbs. I'm playing around with fuel injection now. I wouldnt bother with carbs anymore now that programmable efi is cheap.

I guess someone could page him and ask. I personally could not see spending much on an old Corolla, as you get get some sports car for the same money you are investing...
I spent 6-7k on my corolla all in all :ugh3:

·
7AFTE's are fun
1994 Corolla LE
309 Posts
I've played with bike carbs, I've played with weber sidedrafts and other carbs. I'm playing around with fuel injection now. I wouldnt bother with carbs anymore now that programmable efi is cheap.

I spent 6-7k on my corolla all in all :ugh3:
I don't even want to know how much I've blown on mine.

What fuel problem?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts