Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Raging Raven
05 Dodge Neon SRT-4
1,095 Posts
but how will stay cool in the hot days of summer without the A/C!!!!!!

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Why does EVERYONE bash on this site? Do you really have nothing better to do? Why not try and be helpful instead of just flame everyone you immature jerks!
If you post here as often as some of the other members do, which you don't, then you would be annoyed too at the amount of lame threads that show up as a result of newbies failing to do a search before asking redundant/stupid/pointless questions.

Oh, and cough*bs*cough
See what I mean? Some people are just full of it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
First of all you people fight a little too much about a simple question. Second the newbie thing is*bs* :hammer:(I have to agree with -feliks-:naughty:). My car has a 4afe on a auto tranny so what? I was asking how can I get a little more Humph on the car. Anyways some of the searches about this same matter are overdated. Third I've seen some mean (few) 4afe with the help of some mods; so what if it's a 1.6l DOHC. Civics are 1.6l some with vtech becuase without it it's crap. I dont know why people prefer civics:confused: Maybe becuase their performance parts are cheap:lol:. But then again who cares???????

-4afe and I am proud- ps. still proud of my lawnmower engine....

·
Registered
2005 Corolla LE
26 Posts
my understanding of n/a means naturally aspirated, where the engine draws in the air by itself, not forced induction, which would mean compressing the incoming air. how could nitrous possibly compress the incoming air?
It works two ways. Nitrous itself is an inert gas, and would actually reduce hp IF it werent stored in a liquid state as a mixture. They use NO2, Nitrous Oxide. When you press the button and allow it to expand to a gaseous state, the O2 helps aspirate the combustion process. Also, it supercools the natural air just before it enters the combustion chamber, which has the effect of reducing its voulme, allowing more gas (02) to be used in the process.

-Or-

I could just be making all of this up. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last n ight...

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
People here dont prefer civics, its just that they're marketed as the "youth car".
My car has a 4afe on a auto tranny so what? I was asking how can I get a little more Humph on the car
With money.

·
Chitty Chitty Vroom Vroom
1986 AE82
253 Posts
If you did want to spend al this money into a Corolla, to get more horsepower... I was kinda curious...

there is a section on this website for pictures,, there is a picture of Someone's Corolla with headers and 4 Sidedraft Webers (I think they are Webers). it is a BlackTop Engine. But it doe snot say what country this guy is in.

I wondered how much horsepower his engine puts out.

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8281/cat/517

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8282/cat/517

I guess someone could page him and ask. I personally could not see spending much on an old Corolla, as you get get some sports car for the same money you are investing...

Also, being in an area with strict smog laws and inspections, that's another large hurdle to get over. Not to mention living in an area with to much traffic and speed limit laws heavily enforced. But it is nice to have power when you want it. :cool: And Gas is going ot be $5.00 a gallon here soon. :disappoin

what the heck is that little filter sticking out the side of the block?

·
BANNED
1,497 Posts
Why does EVERYONE bash on this site? Do you really have nothing better to do? Why not try and be helpful instead of just flame everyone you immature jerks!
take notice of the threads that have bashings on them. its repetitive threads asking for more power for their engine. if the ot disrespect us by not searching, provide proof that he searched or read the stickies why respect? its earned

First of all you people fight a little too much about a simple question. Second the newbie thing is*bs* :hammer:(I have to agree with -feliks-:naughty:). My car has a 4afe on a auto tranny so what? I was asking how can I get a little more Humph on the car. Anyways some of the searches about this same matter are overdated. Third I've seen some mean (few) 4afe with the help of some mods; so what if it's a 1.6l DOHC. Civics are 1.6l some with vtech becuase without it it's crap. I dont know why people prefer civics:confused: Maybe becuase their performance parts are cheap:lol:. But then again who cares???????

-4afe and I am proud- ps. still proud of my lawnmower engine....
first off, how much money do you have to spend on the parts. i hope its in the thousands otherwise your wasting your time. second, your gonna have issue with your transmission. thirdly, NO!!! fact of the matter is, you did not search. they are not out of dated. i just searched and more then 4 threads already came up within this month so don't even try to weasel your way out of that. fourthly, its VTEC. the "h" is not silent because it doesn't exist. fifthly, the SOHC VTEC is made for fuel efficiency. look into the DOHC is you want performance. and you can't compare displacement to displacement, some like the b16 are designed better

maybe i'm in a crappy mood, maybe i'm sick and tired of reading these threads or maybe i'm tired of people always expecting to be spoonfed. but i'm feeling much better after this post :lol:

·
KhmerXboyXnoy
261 Posts
Hahahahaha...man...i love TN...and wth does dat dood noe bout honda...bashing it not knowing wat they are there for...oh and dont forget about the Sohc Vtec-E motors in them Vx's...talk bout great for fuel eficiency...or u can change the small 1.5 in. throttle body and it could be a pretty mean machine...=P haha...but seriously joe plz dont bash on the sohc honda motors...they have more potential then u think...trust me unless u noe from experience and compare there are differences...there are sohc proven motors out there ppl beware...:)

PS:GO D16z6!!!

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
or u can change the small 1.5 in. throttle body and it could be a pretty mean machine...=
You'll just lose part throttle response and control. Off-idle throttle will suck ass with a big TB.

·
7AFTE's are fun
1994 Corolla LE
309 Posts
You'll just lose part throttle response and control. Off-idle throttle will suck ass with a big TB.
You know what else sucks? People who don't use the search function. :lol:

Hey ae92x, yea SOHC hondas are ok, but I'm working on a B18C5 swap with my friend, and they are alot better. Honda had one SOHC engine that held up really well with boost, I forget which one.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
No, heres what I meant. A smaller TB will let less air in with small gas pedal movement than a big TB, you get a more refined throttle control and better throttle response as in gaspedal movement. A big TB will let in more air, thus you're getting "too much" air in at a smaller throttle movement, hence you have shitty throttle control and the engine will stumble in low rpm with small throttle opening.

Cars really go by laws of physics, alot of people "experience" 50hp increase with a C-A-I, whilst the truth is something else.

Ofcourse at high RPM and wide open throttle a bigger TB would be fine, but really street cars and race cars arent really comparable and most of street driving isnt done at WOT, unless you're a ricer :lol:. I'd rather have better throttle control at low-mid rpm than just at high rpm.

·
BANNED
1,497 Posts
You know what else sucks? People who don't use the search function. :lol:

Hey ae92x, yea SOHC hondas are ok, but I'm working on a B18C5 swap with my friend, and they are alot better. Honda had one SOHC engine that held up really well with boost, I forget which one.
i agree

and it is the f22 sohc that went into the accords

your friend is gonna love the swap

21 - 40 of 59 Posts