Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Camry LE V6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I''m determined to find a rear spoiler for the Camry that looks good & fits like it came from the factory. Today I headed out to the Pink-n-pull with my tool & tape measure.
The 2nd gen Camry rear trunk lid measures about 53 1/2" across & is relatively flat. Therre were a few cars that had the same width & general shape trunk lid.
1 was the Oldsmobile Achieva (a real turd of a car, but it has a flat, but wide 'lip' type spoiler). I didn't bother removing that one for a test fit because I knew it was too wide.
Car #2 was a Chevy Beretta coupe. I pulled it & headed back to the Camry.

If it were only 1/2 to 1" wider it might just work.
The real problem with this wing is it is held on with about 10 studs w. nuts. 4 or 5 of them would hang out past the trunk lid and with the design of the wing, air would flow between the spoiler & trunk lid, possibly causing a bit of noise.
One option would be to hack off the studs and mount it with 3M tape designed for body moulding.

Car #3 was the 2nd generation Taurus. I keep seeing an SHO at work & had a feeling that the trunk width would be close.
After measuring, the Taurus is the exact same width as the Camry.

Now the quest is on to find a spoiler like the one below. If I come across one, I'm going to buy it because I think it would look pretty good on the Camry & they're cheap at the PNP.

The other thing I'm looking for is some rocker panel trim, but I didn't have much luck. The Camry is about 73 1/2" long. I like the look of the Taurus rocker trim, but it's 75-76" long & would need trimmed. It wouldn't be hard to cut it down, but I would need to do a test fit at the PNP before I attempted it.

That's it for now. - Discuss.
-Todd

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey if u find a front lip or something for the back bumper let me now if been trying to find something. Check out a lexus a heard the front bumper fights right on.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
Hey if u find a front lip or something for the back bumper let me now if been trying to find something. Check out a lexus a heard the front bumper fights right on.
Yup, the Lexus front bumper fits easily. I have one here at my house...

-Charlie

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
Oh, and I also have a wing meant for a Cressida that fits pretty well (fiberglass). Any interest?

I'm keeping the genuine factory Euro spoiler I have... :D (still needs to be painted along with the JDM front bumper)

-Charlie

·
You knew what this was.
265 Posts
what year cressida ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you have any pics of the bumper? is it lower than the original bumper for the camry with that little lip? and whats the JDM front bumper look like?

·
Registered
159 Posts
How about a factory Gen2 spoiler? I like them, but seems not everyone does. Here's mine:

·
Registered
90 Camry LE V6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Err....

Hate to break the news to you, but in the 80's that was considered a 'luggage rack'. Almost every GM car had one including our Buick Century.

·
Registered
91 CAMRY 91 INTEGRA
326 Posts
hey i wasnt hating... just saying what i thought about it..

didnt mean for it to come out like that

·
Registered
91 DX
142 Posts
hey schaff70..love the camry.
i need a favor tho..can u try to find me a lock cylinder and key for my driver door? my car got broken into last tuesday night...they took $700 worth of stuff out my friggin car..smh

i also need an ash tray and the lil pocket above the ash tray and the glovebox cover..i have the burgundy interior

just let me kno wht u find...and give me a price

Chris

·
Registered
91 CAMRY 91 INTEGRA
326 Posts
dang they broke into my camry too!!!

they broke my center dash for the radio... fuckin bastards...

i paid a few bucks to fix it (like 10$)

the glove box you can get for like $20 at the local junkyard....

·
Registered
91 DX
142 Posts
i know i wud find wht i need at a junkyard...but the few tht i found in brooklyn dnt have any camrys.
any body in new york kno a good pick n pull?

·
the gen 2
1989 Camry
496 Posts
i have a gen 5 camry wing i believe on my car. everyone that sees it asks if it came from the factory. if you want me to, i will post up some pics

·
Registered
Camry
629 Posts
i have a gen 5 camry wing i believe on my car. everyone that sees it asks if it came from the factory. if you want me to, i will post up some pics
that shouldn't even be a question. more pics the better.

·
You knew what this was.
265 Posts
Without pics your words mean pretty much nothing sorry to sound harsh.
we would love to see pics, even if your camry looks like crap like mine :)

·
the gen 2
1989 Camry
496 Posts
lol, ok when i get up in the morning i will post some pics. sorry guys i work nights so my head isnt all there when im writing some times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts