Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here to the forum and I want to ask you something.

1) Did they ever made a turbo or a supercharger for the Gen 1 Solara 4cyl?

2)Are there fuel upgrades equipment available for the Gen 2 I4 solara? you know any companies that will be making them?

3) my car is FF, so a turbo would be better than a supercharger?

4) Is it possible to pump 200 horses that I want out of my I4 if I do the forced induction, complete exhaust system, ecu and fuel upgrade, intake.

If you know any companies out there that are making or planning to make parts for the I4 Gen 2 solara, post it here so I can check it out, thanks.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
Soltech said:
Hi, I am new here to the forum and I want to ask you something.

1) Did they ever made a turbo or a supercharger for the Gen 1 Solara 4cyl?

2)Are there fuel upgrades equipment available for the Gen 2 I4 solara? you know any companies that will be making them?

3) my car is FF, so a turbo would be better than a supercharger?

4) Is it possible to pump 200 horses that I want out of my I4 if I do the forced induction, complete exhaust system, ecu and fuel upgrade, intake.

If you know any companies out there that are making or planning to make parts for the I4 Gen 2 solara, post it here so I can check it out, thanks.

1) Nope, atleast not factory...

Ripps has a 5sfe supercharger for sale...
Ultraslow solara turboed his solara....
Burrien has a turbo, and i think so does another company...

2)the Gen.2 has the 2az-Fe engine, found in the Camry, Scion tC (released TODAY), and i think the Rav 4....

these are all pretty new cars, so its either custom, or wait...

3)that's irrelevant to FF...

4)Yes, but at the crank, whp will be less...

5)

6)Welcome to TN..:) start an introductory thread in the Me/Mines/Mods section..

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Okay. What was made for the Gen 1 Solara is irrelevant to your car. What this means is forget you even heard of the Rippmods supercharger. It means nothign for you.

now, on to the most important stuff. There will be TONS of parts available for your car Not becasue people actually like the 4cyl Solara that much but becsue the Scion tC has the exact same engine. Guess what that means? There is already a supercharger out that will fit your car and it is made by TRD. This gives you the 200 hp you are looking for. Add some bolt ons and a smaller pulley to up the boost and now you have the 200whp you wanted.

You will have a lot more luck looking for parts that fit the tC engine as opposed to the Solaras even though the cars are exactly the same. I have already seen a picture of a turbo kit in development so just wait until the tC really hits the street. YOu will have a ton of options.

And like everyone said. The fact that your car is FF doesn't matter. Well not in regards to what you should do to the engine. It does mean traction and tire spin will be an issue but that s about it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you all for the valuable info. thats a nice camry coupe you have there. I only seen it in the street once.

I thought soccer moms are driving SUV these days. I seen a lot of tuned up camrys before, some solaras and plenty of corollas that are tuned up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with Talisman18

just wait for performance part of TC. However, i am suspecting the fuel system & ECU of TC will be difference from solara. It's because TC was designed for accepting boost (factory has supercharger option), then the ECU and map sensor has to able to accept boost. The fuel system also has able to response to the boost. Since now newer car are running returnless fuel system, it will be diffcult to modify fuel system. In case you dont know what is returnless fuel system is that they have fuel pressure regulator build inside the fuel tank and there is no oil returnline on the fuel rail. So you cannot just simply change the fuel pressure regulator and increase the flow.

I made this suspection from the observation of Gen3 and Gen4 camry v6 1mzfe.

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
i can't wait for the tC to come out w/ more performance parts :)

now as for what ufoz said.. theres a turbo kit by Burien? couldja gimme some more info on that?

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
In response to what Ultraslow said, I did think about the ECU being different but at the the Detroit Auto show, I approached Toyota and asked them if the supercharger that was on the tC there would fit the Camry since it was the same engine and they told me yes. Now that doesn't mean they were correct cuz they coulda been talking out their @ss but it does give hope.

Mighty~Mart said:
i can't wait for the tC to come out w/ more performance parts :)

now as for what ufoz said.. theres a turbo kit by Burien? couldja gimme some more info on that?
www.poweredbytoyota.com It's for the 5sfe engine, not yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts