Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new here and i have had my corolla a month and asking how to get more power out of it?
I have BMC air filter in stock box and Simons sport exhaust.
How much power gains if remove the cat?
Please tell me some tips?:D

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
You wont pass emissions if you take out the cat. :rolleyes:

And the problem is, if you start thinking of a turbokit, you're gonna have to get the car checked up at VTT or Test Center Tiililä, which both cost aroun 1200-1800euros.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I dont think that i need a turbo kit:thumbdown
Anything else i can do to get 10-20 more hp?
What if i put a 4a-ge 20v engine in to it?
What do i have to change to make it work?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
HEY, Hmm.. TRD does make a supercharger kit, tho I'm not sure if its TÜV or E-Certified. If it is for certified for your car, you could put that and NOT have to take it to the test center. :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Flashmn said:
You wont pass emissions if you take out the cat. :rolleyes:
What if you dont have emissions. What type of power do you think you would gain?

Also is it posible to just rip out all the emission stuff and still have the car run properly?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Well the car was designed to run with the cat, so decatting may in some cases lower the actual power output. The ECU might start to throw error codes, and go on limp home mode, which would suck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would check to see if the stock exhaust manifold is cracked first(remove heat shield), if you haven't already.
I had the same wish for a few more hp, since I didn't want the car to get rear ended when I turned on the A/C.
I removed the large intake resonator that's buried in front of the left front wheel, took off the intake manifold and put a delta-shaped edge on the dividers just inside the ports, also got down into the intake ports and removed some material around the valve guides/bosses.I used bits of oil soaked rags stuffed into the valve seat area to keep the chips from getting into the valve seats, engine.
I have the timing set at 16 degrees initial,and opened up the plug gaps to a mm.
I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that I machined, but haven't installed it yet, as it runs pretty good now, gets great gas mileage.
All this cost me was a $7 intake manifold gasket and a couple of very uncomfortable hours bent over the engine with a dremel-type tool.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I have the timing set at 16 degrees initial,and opened up the plug gaps to a mm.
I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that I machined, but haven't installed it yet, as it runs pretty good now, gets great gas mileage.
Well.. plugs wont give you any power, they're just there to start the ignition process, thats all they do. I wouldnt go gapping them, because you can cause the car to missfire at either high rpm or low rpm.
Adding more fuel to the engine doesnt do anything else than make you run rich, which isnt great and you wont pass emissions if you're running too rich either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts