Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So more problems.....subs still dont hit as hard as they used to. Ive tried everything! Replaeced the fuses, tried only using one channel on my amp, changed speaker wires....etc. ANYONE have any other suggestions before I send my amp back and get it exchanged?

OR
Should I take it up to hifi-buys and pay $45 to just find out what the real problem is.....?

Im open to any suggestions!

·
Registered
81 tercel
100 Posts
did u make any changes by where the subs are such as body work moving seats etc?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took them out for a weekend while i was outta town and i put them back in and they dont hit as hard, everything is wired correctly, ive checked a million times

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
they are most likely wired out of phase, check your connections

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's unfortunate when things like this happen. I wish I had a nickle for each time I heard a story like this. You have to ask yourself what is more likely: Something has changed with the wiring
The amplifier broke while sitting there unused
The woofer broke while sitting there unused
The enclosure changed while sitting there unused
Your head unit broke while sitting there unused
The accustics of the vehicle has changed since the last time you listened

If you are ABSOLUTLEY sure that there is nothing wrong with the installation then one of these other things must have happened.

Regards,

J. Colasanti
JL Audio, Inc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im thinking that it is my amp that is messed up, unfortunately i am gonna have to ship it back to pioneer to get it 'fixed' or get them to replace it since its still under warranty.

first im gonna try new rca cables...idk why just a thought.

anyone think i should take it up to a hifi buys to get them to tell me what the problem is(Charging $45 an hour)?

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
no, did you check your speaker wiring? It could be a simple out of phase hook up. how is connected to the amp bridged or stereo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts