Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've gotten the OEM replacement Sun Visor for our 07 SE... Finally the wife is happy.

Well I go to put it on and the damn thing wont go on. I have tried installing it with the clips and plastic part all together... I have tried putting the clips in the roof panel and trying to insert the visor in...this way proved to be a hassle as I've already lost 2 clips in the roof. I like to consider myself fairly mechanically inclined, but this has defeated me 2 days in a row 45 mins each time. My Uncle came over who worked for a body shop and he looked at me like I was dumb... he tried it for 45 mins and was like man I see what you're saying.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated, I would hate to go to the dealer and have them charge me an arm and a leg for this if I can tackle it at home.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
905 Posts
yea it is a crappy design. What happened to your visors? Mine broke at the hinge where the switch that turns on the vanity light was at. I am not buying another set of those bastids!! I thought there was a TSB on them that had screws to hold the visors in?????

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't screws which hold the visor to the roof panel like normal cars, it's 2 funky clips. I complained to Toyota but since we are past the 36K mark they said it was not covered.

Basically what happened with the drivers side was it wouldn't stay up, something internally broke.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
There is a TSB that replaces the existing mounts with screw mounts.

If every Tom, Dick and Harry didn't start a new thread about visors, it would be easy to find.

T-SB-0284-09, dtd. 8/21/09.

·
'08 SE
31 Posts
Ok so I've gotten the OEM replacement Sun Visor for our 07 SE... Finally the wife is happy.

Well I go to put it on and the damn thing wont go on. I have tried installing it with the clips and plastic part all together... I have tried putting the clips in the roof panel and trying to insert the visor in...this way proved to be a hassle as I've already lost 2 clips in the roof. I like to consider myself fairly mechanically inclined, but this has defeated me 2 days in a row 45 mins each time. My Uncle came over who worked for a body shop and he looked at me like I was dumb... he tried it for 45 mins and was like man I see what you're saying.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated, I would hate to go to the dealer and have them charge me an arm and a leg for this if I can tackle it at home.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Krazychowmein, I had the same issue. In fact it was your previous thread on this topic that I found the sunvisor install instructions. I think we may have even ordered our sunvisors from the same online store.

Do not use the metal clips that comes with the new visor (for whatever reason, it is not a direct match and will not fit with the existing socket in your roof). Remove the metal clips from your old visor and use them on your new visor.

I wish I had taken pictures, but the original/old metal clips have hook like things protruding on the outer edges, while the new clips that come with the new visor is smooth on both sides.

If you are unable to locate the original metal clips from your old visor, chances are they popped out during the removal process and are stuck still in the socket in your roof. If that is the case, you'll need to pry them out.

Using the old metal clips, your visor should pop right in with little to no resistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts