Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got off the phone the other day with Zach from whiteline. I didn't get any instructions with my front swaybar for my 2nd gen '88 camry. The kit comes with 6 washers. I know I've spoke to Atobe on the board and he says White90dx is running two washers a side to make it stock caster. Well I didn't know there were washers as first, because I was missing them. So I didn't take any measurements of the stock set up and what I have now. When I got the washers I was guessing three on each side would be stock. It would make sense that you would have the caster at stock or more positive, but have no reason to make it less than stock.

Well Zach said that three per side is stock caster, that would make sense, but if it has actually been measured that two is stock, well then which is it??? Stock is what I'm going for, I hope this makes sense.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,641 Posts
I didn't measure. A little more caster is a good thing, I just didnt' like the tires hitting the front of the wheel well cover, that's all...

From the sound of it, you didn't keep your stock swaybar, huh?

-Charlie

PS. Keep your stock parts!!! You can sell the aftermarket parts later if you want to go back to stock, or you can re-install the stock parts if you have problems with the aftermarket parts. It's just good practice when modifying your car.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
^^^ lol which is why i have a garage pull of used parts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do keep my stock parts, if they are in ok shape. I did keep the stock springs, and labeled were they came from. No I didn't keep the stock bar. I had to cut it up to get the bushing washers off. That is the whole reason I ended up getting and justifing the aftermarket bars. The driverside bushing was shot! And I couldn't get the nut off. I tried and it was really rusted bad.

But thank you for the insite, and I agree I don't like the tires rubbing, and a little extra caster is good.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts