Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most getto thing you have done to your car?

For me, it would be the bondo/paint job on the front bumper. It is to keep water and stuff out.

·
Not a Noob!
Camry LE
149 Posts
i guess it would have to be one's definition of ghetto? to some, adding dub's to an Escalade is "ghetto":eek: :rolleyes:

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts

See that black silicone around the windshield? There used be a chromey surround there. :lol:

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
saftey wire and zip ties to hold up my muffler

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
held up an exhaust with the dog's collar (the dog that we ran over, bastard ripped a couple hangers off)

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
silverstreakin said:
saftey wire and zip ties to hold up my muffler
yeah, and i've used aluminum tape to cover up holes in the cress's exhaust system too

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
i have to roll the down the window to close my driver door, no inside handle(it broke off), and i have to lift the door up, if not, it'll fly open on a right turn. (That's happened before).lol

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
shoe lace for the throttle on a car i was learning to drive stick in.
hanger wire to hold up a muffler.
solder to fix my radiator.
duct tape for a radiator hose quick fix.
flashlight for a headlight so i wouldn't get pulled over.
house stereo connected to a power inverter for my car.

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
I used a coat hanger to hold up my muffler in the old corolla. Recently I fixed my speedometer by jamming a piece of wire into where the contact should be on the plug at the diff.

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
1,433 Posts
I would have to say, one time I was riding back from Buffalo to Rochester New York. Going home from Skool. (80 mile drive high way and about 10 mile to house) Well, I put PLASTIC WRAP all around the front bumper and part of the hood (Held on by clear shipping tape) and drove all the way home. ALl the bugs splattered on it and it procted my car VERY well.~!~!~!

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
afraid so, this was before i had my camry, coming home in december, hitched a ride in my buddy's POS protege, it was something like 2 am, it was snowing and getting worse, we smoke this mid sized mutt

the rear hanger or two get ripped off (his exhaust had been recently repaired by an incompetent know it all mech student) i guess the welds sucked

so we had to hold the exhaust up, i ask him if he has any coat hangers in the car, he says no, but i do have an idea, comes back with the collar, we were with 2 girls, they were screaming at us (of course its cruel, but it was a leather collar, so it could take a good bit of heat)

dragged the dog to the snow bank and kept going

·
Official TN Chic
71 Posts
i know of ppl who use zip ties to hold their bumper together... and my dad has a corrola( i can't spell sorry ) 92.. and it has the door handels busted( from the indside) and u have to roll down the windows to open ur door.. and he won't fix them...

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
few months ago i got sick of my amber turn signals.

because it's really hard to find any aftermarket parts here in belgium, i decided to make some of my own

here's the pic

due to lack of time, i never got to finish them, so now they hold on with tape :cool:

when i'll find the time to finish them, i'll post a diy

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
that looks good :thumbup: finish it and write a diy with plenty of pics so i can do it!!!:lol: seriously i like those better than the aftermarket ones:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts