Toyota Nation Forum banner

17721 - 17740 of 17740 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That would be ban here so fast due to safety concern... everything due to safety concern. I wonder when the gov will ban drinking water due to safety concern. I mean lots of old people choke by drinking water. LOL
Already in the US
http://www.zorbingtime.com/zorbing-locations-usa/

Although I couldn't find anywhere saying you can 'roll over' people at any of the places.

·
7,424 Posts
Everytime I see one of those I think of that horrible video of one on ski slopes that got away. I think it was in Russia and it went off the mountain. Sorry I watched it, I have never been one to watch that kind of thing intentionally.

·
Token Aussie
1,722 Posts
They'll ban drinking water when it's unsafe to do so. A prime example is Flint. Ice Mountain water (a Nestle Co.) company donates millions of bottles of drinking water to the city after the news came out. The big problem stems from the Democrat city concil decided not to pay the city of Detroit for water services (Detroit bump up their rates), so the city of Flint chose to get their water from the Flint river. Unfortunately, it's polluted from all the years of manufacturing stuff, and dumping toxins into it. Kind of like that river in Ohio that caught fire, or the Rouge River in Detroit that was so polluted you didn't have to be gawd to walk across. :rolleyes:
It's much more complicated than that - Flint were switching their water supply over from Detroit to a new pipeline, but Detroit terminated their service the day after the new contract was signed, which meant that the backup supply (the Flint River) had to be used in the interim until the construction of the new supply was finished. This water was pretty bad quality for various reasons, but the biggest problem was that it stripped off the buildups inside the city's old lead pipes, leading to lead contamination. Even after they switched back to Detroit water the next year, the damage to the pipes had already been done.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Everytime I see one of those I think of that horrible video of one on ski slopes that got away. I think it was in Russia and it went off the mountain. Sorry I watched it, I have never been one to watch that kind of thing intentionally.
Now that I'd watch. Too often people don't consider the ramifications of what they're doing. Life is consequences. Consider what you're doing or else end up a Darwin Award and you're out of the gene pool because of something as stupid as rolling off a mountain in an inflatable ball, or else bungee jumping and the cord is just a bit too long.

·
Registered
808 Posts
It's much more complicated than that - Flint were switching their water supply over from Detroit to a new pipeline, but Detroit terminated their service the day after the new contract was signed, which meant that the backup supply (the Flint River) had to be used in the interim until the construction of the new supply was finished. This water was pretty bad quality for various reasons, but the biggest problem was that it stripped off the buildups inside the city's old lead pipes, leading to lead contamination. Even after they switched back to Detroit water the next year, the damage to the pipes had already been done.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Actually Flint is in a contract with Lapeer to get some of their water, as it's cheaper than Detroit's. I know, as about 1 mile south of where my water comes from (in Lake Huron), is the water intakes for BOTH Detroit and Lapeer. There was a big deal going on with the water deal though, as Flint didn't want to pay for Detroit's upgrades, as they wanted a better deal. So Flint shopped water from Lapeer, but their pipe line wasn't built to be extended that far yet (still needed 30 miles of piping). If Flint had taken the option back 10 years prior when Lapeer started their water project, they could have saved millions of dollars. But Flint was already partnered up with Detroit at the time, and couldn't afford to join in with Lapeer. So Lapeer decided to go alone. This left Flint the odd man out when Detroit raised the water rates (everyone connected to the Detroit water line saw an increase in the price of water), but didn't want to pay. So, Flint reopened it's old water supply unit, that was tied into the Flint river, and the rest is history. As far as I know they still haven't switched to Detroit water supply yet, but are told NOT to drink the water. It's ok for flushing the toilet.
What really surprises me is that Flint never made a deal for water from Midland-Bay City-Saginaw, as it's closer to Flint than Detroit is.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
17721 - 17740 of 17740 Posts
About this Discussion
17.7K Replies
334 Participants
Corrolla clone
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing