Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 tacoma dbl cab
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moto Metal chrome 951 rims. Does anyone have these rims? Is the chrome peeling off? Interested in getting those but a friend of mine said that they peel. Is this true?

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts

I have them, they were only on the truck for a few hundred miles. They are now sitting in my garage. I have been really impressed with the finish tho. Smooth as glass...I haven't heard of or had any problems with them. You are in Hawaii, so you won't have to deal with salt on the roads like I do here either...

I took them off because I removed my lift. They will go back on with 265's as soon as my stock RT's are worn out!

·
feel the vibrations!
2008 toyota tacoma
325 Posts

I have them, they were only on the truck for a few hundred miles. They are now sitting in my garage. I have been really impressed with the finish tho. Smooth as glass...I haven't heard of or had any problems with them. You are in Hawaii, so you won't have to deal with salt on the roads like I do here either...

I took them off because I removed my lift. They will go back on with 265's as soon as my stock RT's are worn out!
someone needs to update their sig? :lol: the truck looks good man

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts
why did you take your lift off again?
The effin front diff vibe was driving me crazy and I didn't like the 14 mpg I was getting...bottom line was I just wasn't as happy with it lifted as I thought I would be...I am thinking about going to 5100's and just leveling it out, but I am digging the way it drives stock...vibe free, so I am still undecided. Rims are going back on for sure either way, but I am wearing out the RT first..which shouldn't take much longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts