Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
Its all about the 3SGTE! You're lucky that you've got the V6 cause you've gotta use those axles to make the 3sgte swap anyways. Perhaps a 3vz or 1mz could be finessed into place but turbo power is so much spicier.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: 1990 V6 Camry

90CAM said:
Does anyone know what other V6 eng. from other toyota's will fit in this car?
1VZ-FE will definately fit, but that's a step down. It was a 2.0L "baby V6" used only in the JDM models of the 2nd gen.

I think it's like 140hp.

- John

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
well, you have a 2vz right now, i dont know how close the 3vz is to your engine though...

as for 3s-gtes, that's 200 hp out of the box (latest usdm model)

for 3vz's, that's around 180+...

so, i'd go with the 3s-gte...

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
89SV21 said:
Its all about the 3SGTE! You're lucky that you've got the V6 cause you've gotta use those axles to make the 3sgte swap anyways.
Well it depends on your setup actually but yeah, since you have the V6, you don't have to worry about anything.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,284 Posts
Talisman18 said:
Well it depends on your setup actually but yeah, since you have the V6, you don't have to worry about anything.
Except the electricals! ;) :(

-Charlie

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Oh yeah, if you have an automatic, that is gonna have to go also. The 3sgte only came with stick except for recently in the Caldina but it would cost more to import that tranny than it would to just switch over your car to manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts