Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 96 Camry LE V6 two and half month ago. Before I bought the car I went to a mechanic to check it. There is no big problem. At first I found that every time I shift to Reverse in the morning when I use the car first time, it makes a "bong" sound from the engine compartment and the car will shake. People say it might be the problem of transimission so I sent my car to my local dealer and told them my problem and asked them to check my transimission. After checking they told me my transimssion is good but my Front, Side, Rear motor mounts need to be replaced. They asked for $812 for that. After I drove my car back from dealer I found out that not only P->R has noise but P->D, D->R also have same noise, especially when I shift back and forth fast. I called several garages for the price, and another dealer 25miles away. They gave me almost as half price as my local dealer. At last I decided to fix my car at the dealer 25miles away. They told me front and side need to be replaced but the rear one is in good condition so no need to replace. But my problem is still there, big noise when shift. :(

I called my local dealer to ask if I can get a free check since I solved the problem they told me but that's not the exact problme. They refused and told me since I didn't fix the problem at their place I will still be charged another $45. I want to know if I can get my money back or get another free check.

BTW, I also had them help me get 2 master keys. What they gave me is just 2 normal key, that is: no "Toyota" marks on it. My friends told me I can get that key from Wal-Mart for only $1 while I paid for $8 each. I went back to them and was told they no longer have that "Toyota" mark keys cause it is "too expensive". It costs $13 before. I really had a bad experience with them.

Thank you for your help!

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
I have no advice for you on the free check up or the tranny noise unfortunately, but master key means that it is not the valet key and will open all locks. It may or may not have the Toyota emblem on it. Good luck to you.

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
lazycat said:
I bought my 96 Camry LE V6 two and half month ago. Before I bought the car I went to a mechanic to check it. There is no big problem. At first I found that every time I shift to Reverse in the morning when I use the car first time, it makes a "bong" sound from the engine compartment and the car will shake. People say it might be the problem of transimission so I sent my car to my local dealer and told them my problem and asked them to check my transimission. After checking they told me my transimssion is good but my Front, Side, Rear motor mounts need to be replaced. They asked for $812 for that. After I drove my car back from dealer I found out that not only P->R has noise but P->D, D->R also have same noise, especially when I shift back and forth fast. I called several garages for the price, and another dealer 25miles away. They gave me almost as half price as my local dealer. At last I decided to fix my car at the dealer 25miles away. They told me front and side need to be replaced but the rear one is in good condition so no need to replace. But my problem is still there, big noise when shift. :(

I called my local dealer to ask if I can get a free check since I solved the problem they told me but that's not the exact problme. They refused and told me since I didn't fix the problem at their place I will still be charged another $45. I want to know if I can get my money back or get another free check.

BTW, I also had them help me get 2 master keys. What they gave me is just 2 normal key, that is: no "Toyota" marks on it. My friends told me I can get that key from Wal-Mart for only $1 while I paid for $8 each. I went back to them and was told they no longer have that "Toyota" mark keys cause it is "too expensive". It costs $13 before. I really had a bad experience with them.

Thank you for your help!
If im not mistaken, you can buy the Toyota keys off of Ebay for a few bucks, not near $8. I also have the same problem as you. The top motor mount ran my like $30 sum bucks. I didn't do any of the others....so the top one went bad in about a month. Anyone know of Polyurithane motor mounts for Camry?
Keep us posted on whats going on with this problem.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
polyurethane (sic?) mounts are impossible to find.

I asked a couple of mechanics and they answered by asking me a good question.

"Why would you want to use something stiff where the factory recommended something that gives (shock absorbs)?"

So I thought about it...and I have to agree with them.

I can see it being used in steering and suspension components for better feedback but thats about it.

To give you an alternative, a product call window weld seems popular by those that have done the mod. Drawback, it requires 24 hours to dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts