Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
They did at one time not long ago but I can't guarantee it for sure now. They may have been the middle-man and had Delphi make them.
You ever get new mounts for the T?

·
Registered
2007 Silver Corolla CE Auto
749 Posts
AC Delco is not the same as GM is not the same as Delphi. They sell many OEM and Non-OEM rebranded (good and not so good) parts.

·
Registered
2003 Corolla S
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this a problem, or just a worry? Install the part and go your merry way.
I did and they work great. But they were freaking expensive from Toyota. The consensus seems to be that nobody makes an aftermarket mount that is worth a crap. It just amazes me that such a simple part is not able to be made by aftermarket manufacturers. They get the steel part right, how hard is it to use the correct elastomer?

·
Registered
2007 Silver Corolla CE Auto
749 Posts
There are many different formulations (base product, additives, cold and hot functionality, longevity, elasticity, weight bearing capacity, hardnesses etc etc) of elastomers!

·
Registered
2003 Corolla S with 257k miles
212 Posts
I did and they work great. But they were freaking expensive from Toyota. The consensus seems to be that nobody makes an aftermarket mount that is worth a crap. It just amazes me that such a simple part is not able to be made by aftermarket manufacturers. They get the steel part right, how hard is it to use the correct elastomer?
I used beck arnley for front mount and it wasn't good. I used anchor as a replacement and it's actually really good for the front. My rear is Toyota. The others are Beck arnley.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts