Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens after these go after awhile? Should I buy OEM ones or should I used? Also is it the best idea to replace all of them and how many are there on a 92 Camry LE 2.2L I4 with auto trans?

·
Registered
109 Posts
i think theres 2 one on the bottom which is the more expensive 1 and theres a dog bone on the top should cost u about $130 for both of them labor another story

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
buy new .... used will just go bad in no time... check around online for some cheap ones. there are 3 engine mounts front, back, side (troque or dog bone). and your engine will move a little around the engine bay when you put it in gear. if non of the mounts have been replaced it's a good bet your front mount is gone by now. also you can check the dog bone mount just by looking at it and see if any rubber is missing or cracked. also there is one for the tranny which i'm not sure on replacing or any thing like that.

if any one know how to check the tranny mount please let me know (auto tranny)

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
there's four? i thought 3 also.
I havent trusted pepboys for a while, I'd go to toyota or check out ebay for originals and not aftermarket - (no real difference that i know of though)

·
Grenaded piston
6,606 Posts
^ Theres 4 mounts on a gen 3 Camry w/5S-FE.

1. Front engine mount.

2. Rear engine mount.

3. Dogbone mount (on the top left of the motor).

4. Tranny mount (on the bottom of the tranny).

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
Yep. There are four. If the front goes they will all go eventually. My front one went and caused my flexpipe to blow. This is second time this happened to me. ONLY GO WITH OEM(Toyota). The engine is supposed to move. Just not a whole lot. If it jerks, you should see it come back down. It should stay in that position. It should go back. It's kind of hard to read it at first but you can pretty much tell right off. You lose torque too. This guy at a trusted muffler shop was telling me how fast those aftermarket mounts blow. Fastest record was like 5 days or a week. I won't do it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would be better? Buy the motor mounts from the dealer and then having one of my friends do it (hes ASE certified), or buy them from the dealer then having my mech do it, or let the dealership do the whole thing? Money is a issue.

·
Grenaded piston
6,606 Posts
ryuji16 said:
quick ques. for 88 le: to remove the dogbone, do i have to support the engine in anyway, or can i just pull it right out?
Use a jack and 2x4. Support the engine by the edge of the oilpan, just jack it up enough to take the load off the mount.

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
ok, i got you. but when you say the edge of the oil pan, do you mean the oil pan itself or along the edges where the bolts are. btw theres a dent in my oil pan, would this be a factor?

·
Grenaded piston
6,606 Posts
ryuji16 said:
when you say the edge of the oil pan, do you mean the oil pan itself or along the edges where the bolts are.
Along the edge where the bolts are.

btw theres a dent in my oil pan, would this be a factor?
If its not leaking I wouldn't worry about it.

How did you get the dent in the oil pan?

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Dent in oil pan;
might want to go to a salvage yard or check into getting a replacement. The oil pickup is down there and you might want to check its okay.

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
not sure what the oil pickup is or where its located.

i dont know where the dent came from, but i do remember running something over and made a really loud noise. but i think it was on the opposite side, im not sure. but i havent had any problems or leaks.

thanks for the help guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts