• Other

Votes: 14 20.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1st Corolla/1st Car
2009 Corolla S
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kind of Motor Oil do you put in your engine? Also, do you guys use conventional oil or a synthetic oil?

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 5w30.
At B.I.T.O.G. it is a well known sleeper for price per performance.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
i use 0w20 mobil 1 but i wanna try eneos synthetic oil next time.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,266 Posts
Mobil 1 0W-30 as I haven't been able to find the 0W-20 & the dealer said it would be fine.

·
2010 Corolla S
2010 Corolla S
365 Posts
In other cars it was mobil 1 synthetic if I changed it myself, or whatever the house used for synthetics for quickies. I just did a first oil change on the new corolla, and put in 0w-20 amsoil fully synthetic. Don't know how long I'll leave it in yet, considering its guaranteed for 25k miles and I've never gone over ~5k without an oil change.

·
8,516 Posts
Big fan of Castrol

Have been using it in my motorcycles for years.
Never had a bearing failure on any motorcycle I've owned.

Nice^ I had one of those always lusted after a v65 though:cool:

I use 0-20 Mobil synthetic. I have used Mobil 1 for years in everything, usually gets about 1-2 mpg better than regular oil.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I run 10W/30 Mobil 1 in all of my vehicles except the corolla

·
Registered
728 Posts
I posted this in the other oil thread so I thought I would post it here. I used to drive a lot and if I changed oil every 3000 miles I would be doing it every couple of weeks.

This is a Ford taurus with the 24V DOHC.

Look at the mileage and look what Blackstone Labs has to say about it. To me it proves that the 3000/5000 mile intervals are kind of a myth.

·
No More Turbos!
1999 Toyota Tercel
172 Posts
Well I was running 10W-30 Royal Purple in the Skyline, but since I can't get that anymore guess it'll be the same as the Tercel, Mobile 1.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,266 Posts
Thanks OkSlim, and that's why I use Mobil 1, it's a proven quality oil.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am using whatever the Toyta dealer puts in right now. Is it each dealer's choice or is it standardized by Toyota? When I get out of warranty, I will use Valvolene 10W-30 at the Valvolene fast oil change place. Valvolene was recommended to me years ago by a Toyota dealer. I have never had oil consumption or engine problems related to oil, in a Toyota.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just got this reply from my Dealer

The oil we put in is 5W-20 Mobil 1 & is a semi-synthetic. It is pre-filtered.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,266 Posts
I am using whatever the Toyta dealer puts in right now. Is it each dealer's choice or is it standardized by Toyota? When I get out of warranty, I will use Valvolene 10W-30 at the Valvolene fast oil change place. Valvolene was recommended to me years ago by a Toyota dealer. I have never had oil consumption or engine problems related to oil, in a Toyota.
Make sure that you use 0W or 5W-30 at least so you will have better lubrication during start up when the engine is cold and the oil doesn't flow as well as when it is warm. I always liked Valvoline oil but haven't used it in forever since switching to Mobil 1 synthetic. I was sold on the protection ability of synthetic years ago when I read about a huge study done on NY cabs that showed better engine protection and less wear with synthetic oil even when changing it every 15k-25k vs. 3k-5k for a regular oil. The filter was changed every 5k but that was all and the oil was topped off.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts