Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the truck stuck, as can be seen it the "Got stuck?" thread it is now time to fix it. The truck sat in water overnight. After pulling it out it fired up and sputtered a little bit. I changed the oil and filter. Now it won't crank. I'm getting fuel to the rail, and spark to the plugs. Just don't know what the damn problem is. My mechanic buddy said the computer is probably trashed from being submerged. Anybody have any ideas on the subject? If it is the computer, which one's will interchange. He said something about finding one with the same #'s as my stock one.By the way this is the second motor in this truck. After slinging a rod out the side of the block of the original one I got this new motor from a junkyard. It came out of an 89' four runner. I only used the long block. The intake is the stock 95 truck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can think of two things to check. Your pickup in the distributor and the AFM may be screwed from sitting in the water. This of course is if you are running a 22RE. Both will not allow the injectors to fire if not working.

·
Offical Truck Nut
1990 Toyota
428 Posts
a buddy of mine mud rides alot and has had a problem with the fuses under the hood getting mostiure on them and causing corrosion his truck would spin over but not start , I would remove them one at a time and make sure nothing has blown or corroded .

·
A legend in his own mind.
232 Posts
Ya a buddy of mine duct tapes his fuse box under the hood so no moisture gets in when he is mudding.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The FSM at the top of the page has a slew of tests you can do to check the ECM if it comes down to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea. I'll try the fuses. IF its not the fuses will any ecu work or do I need a specific one. I can get the ecu from a 89 4 runner, it's the truck the motor came out of. It was a 5speed just like my truck. will that work?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
If you already have it give it a whirl. You've got nothing to loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts