Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw a rod on my 01 prizm and I bought a 1zz out of a 04 1zz. I guess the biggest question I have is I know the intake and exhaust manifolds are different. Now I know you can utilize the intake off the 04 1zz with the stock MAF and computer for the 01 1zz. The TB seems to be at least a third of the size bigger on the 04 motor. From what I understand there are some benefits to utilizing the 04 intake. If I have to start swapping out the MAF and stuff I will just put my 01 intake on. And yes I did search and I found nothing really definitive to my direct question. just enough to reassure what I already know. That the two motors are the same other then the manifolds.

Thanks for help in advance

·
VVT-1MZ + ES5spd
Toyota Corolla
2,017 Posts
I threw a rod on my 01 prizm and I bought a 1zz out of a 04 1zz. I guess the biggest question I have is I know the intake and exhaust manifolds are different. Now I know you can utilize the intake off the 04 1zz with the stock MAF and computer for the 01 1zz. The TB seems to be at least a third of the size bigger on the 04 motor. From what I understand there are some benefits to utilizing the 04 intake. If I have to start swapping out the MAF and stuff I will just put my 01 intake on. And yes I did search and I found nothing really definitive to my direct question. just enough to reassure what I already know. That the two motors are the same other then the manifolds.

Thanks for help in advance
use 04 block and your stock head. the 04 has a 54mm throttlebody according to toyota and the plastic manifold which is a vast improvement over stock. or you could go for the celica tb which is a 60mm everything else is "easy" and by easy i mean a PITA to get everything to work but nice when its done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that kinda sotra helped. Im not looking for massive power or anthing of that nature. I am lookin for the quickest solution. I am leaning tords the 04 intake but i dont really care either way. I just want to know if you can run the stock 01 maf with the 04 tb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.