Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of the Toyota Nation people. This site is sweet. haha I've done some reading and searching around a few sites already but I haven't actually found the answer that I was looking for. I currently have a 93 Corolla with a 4afe automatic motor. I am planning a swap in the near future either with the 4age 16/20, but my main concern is that can I do the swap and still keep my automatic transmission...or can the 4age just use my stock tranny? Any help would be greatful. Thanks in advance.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Dude.. post on the ME/MINE/MODS section of the site FIRST or the mods will have their way with you and your girlfriend. :)

Re your question, I believe you got the 3speed auto? if so I would suggest you don't keep that one. I think the 4speed is better if you wanted to do this swap.

The 16V 4AGE never came in automatic in north america and I'm not sure if it came auto in Japan or Europe. However the 20V 4AGE and I think some 4AGZE's came in auto in Japan. You could do this swap if you can find a motor with the transmission, or you could use this transmission to do a 4AGE swap since the 16V and 20V transmissions are compatible.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Just get a JDM 4AGZE.. get a tranny out of an AE92 SR5.. that is a 4spd automatic.. Have fun blowing the automatic piece of shit power robbing tranny to hell in a month or less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts