Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
turbo civic/pickup
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i hate motor swaps but i think i can do one more. i have a 93 pickup 4x4 5spd, the 4cycl motor. whats the easy motor i can fit in that is v6 or v8. i would like to get alot of power out of displacement rather than turbo..bolt-ons..etc. any suggestions. is there a website where they sell motors for our trucks. i know theres the jdm stuff for all the hondas. what websites are they for upgrade and performance parts for our trucks. i seem to only the 96 and up stuff. thanx

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
you want to look into the vortec 4.3 swap out of a chevy . i think its just what you want. look on craigslist. guys are always throwing them away for big v8's

·
Registered
93 pick up, 86 GTI
5 Posts
Yeah I think the 2.7 would be pointless to swap, a lot of work for not much gain. There are a lot of people that swap in a 3.4L 6 cyl from newer yota trucks. I also have a 22re that when it is toast I am going to try a 7M-GTE (7M-GE i think is the non turbo version) swap from a 2nd gen supra (the newer style is 3rd gen right). I have done a little bit of research and found that bell housings and transmission input shaft length are the biggest problems. www.supracharged.com i think is the site that has info on it. A 2JZ swap is doable, but has more issues than the 7M swap.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Go 2jz baby...

While you are at it, get some Mashimoto zx tires on that bad boy...

Seriously, An engine swap is never, ever "Easy" there are a hundred things you have to account for and you will miss at least 10% making your life a living hell for about a month afterwards while you chase them down.

If you want a truck with more power, then sell your toy and buy a truck with more power.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
If you'er serious about a swap, check out Advance Adapters. They carry everything you need to do the more common swaps, 4.3 V6, 3.8 V6, 350 V8, 302 V8.

·
Registered
turbo civic/pickup
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx guys. now that i have some options i can do more specific research. yeah motor swaps are a pain. the biggest deal is the wiring and vacuum and tranny, shift linkage, on and on. thanx again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts