Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

straight cash homie
Discussion Starter #41
I have been thinking about this. Toyota makes all sorts of stuff. All sorts of cars. They are spread thin. They are unifying chassis. This may help them turn out better products as they can concentrate on other things more. So yes they may be able to keep up with others. Then again I see so so so much mention about superficial things that it seems it is taken for granted that the Toyota really tends to be a trouble free car to own, in general.

I bought the Toyota because it is a Toyota. I have seen lots of them be like Timexs.

I guess I am old and my priorities are not up with our times.....
If you say you are old, then yeah, you've already owned plenty of cars before, some money pits, so there's comes a time when you want something that you don't have to worry about. But I've yet to own something like a BMW or Porsche, or even a GTI, but I'm in my second Toyota, so yeah, I'm willling to trade in some reliabilty for fun. 馃榿 (Life's too short to drive boring cars).

Registered
'18 HL Ltd, '19 GMC Acadia Denali, '02 Honda Civic EX
...I'm willling to trade in some reliabilty for fun. 馃榿 (Life's too short to drive boring cars).
After getting 'burned' a time or two by an unreliable vehicle you'll discover that 'boring reliability' is fun.

The single most important feature of any vehicle is to consistently get me from point A to point B - everything, as in EVERYTHING, else is secondary. Now if you have a project car or a second/third/fourth vehicle as a toy this doesn't apply but it certainly does for the primary, and probably, second vehicle in most family situations.

straight cash homie
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
After getting 'burned' a time or two by an unreliable vehicle you'll discover that 'boring reliability' is fun.

The single most important feature of any vehicle is to consistently get me from point A to point B - everything, as in EVERYTHING, else is secondary. Now if you have a project car or a second/third/fourth vehicle as a toy this doesn't apply but it certainly does for the primary, and probably, second vehicle in most family situations.
Very true, the daily has to be reliable. I'd think twice of a used European car to replace a Corolla as a daily. If I even get a European car next (that's if), I think leasing would be the only way I'd go at this point to test the waters. But then, I've only driven Toyotas, but my family has had other makes before I started driving and Toyotas lived up to the reputation. BUT I'm bored of my Corolla.

Registered
Wow, unfair loss for the HL. They didn't even use the Platinum or they would have a different opinion. There is no way the HL media is outdated. It's one of the things it has going for it over all the rest. Not sure what to think. I've been in the Kia, and it's cheap feeling all over. Thrashy drivetrain?! wtf are they smoking?
I agree. My Platinum is definitely not "Thrashy" and operates very smoothly. I also was surprised they didn't test the Platinum trim, since that would have made a more favorable impression. Also, what was the problem with the infotainment system? I truly like my vehicle and the updated styling is great.

straight cash homie
Discussion Starter #45
I agree. My Platinum is definitely not "Thrashy" and operates very smoothly. I also was surprised they didn't test the Platinum trim, since that would have made a more favorable impression. Also, what was the problem with the infotainment system? I truly like my vehicle and the updated styling is great.
Again, is it the Toyota programming logic that they aren't fans of? If it was like the RAV4 I rented, I too didn't like how it jerked, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts