Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys feel about amp mounting... i just got my new kicker kx600.1 and i am trying to decide if i should mount my cap and amp on my sub box, or on the back of the seats...

i wanna mount on the seats, but it seems hard to get it to stay up, since it is soooo heavy and the screws fall out- anybody have suggestions on mouting the amp on the back of the seats better???

thanks
nate

·
Registered
392 Posts
you may want to lay the seat down and place the amp where you want. Then pull seat up to see how it holds. You should good after.

·
nub
313 Posts
if your cam is like mine...you may want to drill into the metal frame of the seat. i couldn't get my amp to stay up until i did this.

personally i'd rather the stuff on my seat than my box because the box is an expensive part of the system that if it gets screwed, i dont wanna buy a new one.

also velcro on the back of the amp works too:lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ya there's the cardboard with carpet on it, then a metal panel underneath that on my '97Cam.
You'd best avoid screwing your amp into the metal, it can lead to grounding issues.
The cardboard may not be heavy duty enough so make a nice 1/2"mdf panel covered with your choice of whatever, screw that to the metal, then the amp to the mdf seperately.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
i found that you can fairly easily make an mdf amp board and carpet it to match your trunk interior, plus you can put it anywhere there is a place to mount it to, plus no grounding issues

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Never heard of a ground issue on screwing an amp to metal. I could see far more problems from not having an earth.

Anyhow, don't bolt it to the box. If you do, you can expect the components to vibrate right off the circuit board. Many a failure is from vibration damage.

Bob

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good... i dont' think there would be grounding issues if you tough the metal in the seat- that would not be a good ground anyways since it is just inside the seat, but i will try going into that
nate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts