Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone successfully mounted Driving Lights to the bumper of the 2005+ Tacomas without causing too much irreversable damage to the bumper? A grill guard or bull bar would be an ideal situation, but I would like to temp mount them for the time being. Hella FF1000's.

Thanks...

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
There's no supports under the plastic to bolt them to. You're S.O.L. unless you fab some sort of brackets yourself.

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nomad said:
There's no supports under the plastic to bolt them to. You're S.O.L. unless you fab some sort of brackets yourself.
Thats kinda what i was hoping for - someone before me had fabricated some brackets that attach to the frame and exits either through the grill or radiator openings. Such brackets would have to be fairly long though, and would likely allow the light to "dance" on rougher roads.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I think a bull bar or a prerunner bar is your best bet.

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lotust said:
I think a bull bar or a prerunner bar is your best bet.
I had a Bull Bar on my '98 and found that I wasn't getting the full effect of my lights because they were mounted so low. The beam tended to stretch along the road surface instead of projecting far ahead.

There are some nice light bars out there that mount the lights bumper height, I guess I'll have to wait until summer and pick one of them up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts