Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so i recently got some cyber side skirts to replace my razzi weirdo ones (they got old quick). I need to mount them but i wanted to be smart about it. my friend has a grarge with a 2 post lift and i will be using it very often because that is just awesome to have in your back yard workshop:thumbsup:. the issue is that the cyber skirts will hang too low to slide the arms under the chassis and lift, so removal of the sideskirts is a must.

so heres the question, what clips, pins or other things could i use to mount these suckers on there securely while making their removal fairly quick? I was thinking the push pins used on some inerior and engine bay pannels but thoes dont seem liek they would hold up well in winds generated at highway speeds.

ready, GO!

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
A crap ton of hard core velcro held on the car/pieces by some type of rivet?

Screws? Just by a battery powered screw gun.

Neodymium magnets?

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, thoes fasteners look great. only issue i see is that i gotta mount them. summit makes them for cheaper too. they look pretty nice too. have you ever seen them in stainless? i was hoping to find them but summit and other parts places only have them in steel.

Oh and i found the correct spelling is Dzus:thumbsup:.

thanks guys, the velcro idea isnt bad either. I have used the industrial grade stuff in the past to mount a host of things from ballasts to battery mounting trays. I know how strong that stuff can be and holding on a 3 lb sideskirt doesnt seem out of the relm pf its capabilities.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hmmmm does the lift pad rotate so that when you flip it up will give you a few inches?

Might be easier to think of something to do with the lift (wood etc) then mounting the side skirts. Maybe installing a couple studs and using nuts + washers would stand up to the constant removal and installation better then screws.

·
93 Camry LE 5S-FE
93 Camry LE
2,038 Posts
Mine are held on by only four screws in the stock locations, for quick and relatively easy removal =)

Just remove the stock striping along the bottom. the tiny piece at the front may need to be cut or at least it did in my case.

If you want to take a look at how I did mine we can check it out one afternoon.

Mine still leaves room for a low profile jack to fit underneath. I do use a couple pieces of 2x4 on the jack tho.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i can get a jack under there but when the arms lift up i dont want them crushing my skirts, and im not putting wood under them and then working under it, dont really trust that. but maybe if i use just 4 screws liek you i can use a small powered driver to remove them quickly like ken said. BUT, can i find one small enough to get to the ones in the wheel wells without removing the wheels :lol:.

Might be easier to think of something to do with the lift (wood etc) then mounting the side skirts. Maybe installing a couple studs and using nuts + washers would stand up to the constant removal and installation better then screws.
only issue with studs and nuts is that they mount between the bottom of the door and the door frame, anything that protrudes more then say an 1/8th of an inch will not let the door seal properly, but mayby i could do something liek that. thoes fasteners would work well though as long as i can find a flat spot to mount them. Ill have to look into it, maybe just order a pack and see if it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts