Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2020 Hi Platinum.
I have noticed the head lights don't move when I go around bends or corners and wonder if that is an option I need to check to see if its enabled?

Thanks,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Andrew
'14.5 Camry SE
88 Posts
I can see ours turning when I pull into or out of the driveway. Watch for the hot spot to move. It even does it with the brights on. Only one of the headlights will move. The one closest to the direction of the turn is the one that moves.

Does the Canadian version include this type of headlights? In the US, they’re not available on anything but the platinum trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does the Canadian version include this type of headlights? In the US, they’re not available on anything but the platinum trim.
They are not mentioned anywhere in the Toyota Canada specs for the 2020 Highlander that I can see, even on the Platinum trim. Another nonsensical omission for Canada?

·
Andrew
'14.5 Camry SE
88 Posts
Okay, looked into this a bit... the reason for this omission is they don’t have the platinum trim in Canada. They have the limited trim and offer a platinum package for that trim. It’s a subtle, but important difference. -At least that's what it looks like. In some places they separate it out as a separate trim, but in others, no bueno. In the build part of the site is where I'm seeing this distinction. In the US they offer a completely separate trim called the platinum trim. It has no option packages. You can choose power train options and colors in the US, but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
210 Posts
i dont see it either. must be a shit toyota canada omission. thats a bit frustrating as i have one on order (platinum).

·
Registered
210 Posts
This is the canadian brochure.

This is the us brochure.

The us one says LED projector headlights with Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS),4 auto leveling and LED-strip Daytime Running Lights (DRL).

Canadian one makes no mention. Toyota Canada screwing Canadians one vehicle at a time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is the canadian brochure.

This is the us brochure.

The us one says LED projector headlights with Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS),4 auto leveling and LED-strip Daytime Running Lights (DRL).

Canadian one makes no mention. Toyota Canada screwing Canadians one vehicle at a time.
A couple marks in Canada's favor - the base L includes the handy blind spot monitoring/rear cross traffic alert while US has to upgrade to LE for the privilege. Then there's the panorama moon roof on the Canadian Limited while here it's only on the highest trim.

The fog lights in Canada aren't available until XLE. US gives them on LE. I'm sure there's rhyme and some reason for these marketing differences.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid Limited AWD (Blueprint)
43 Posts
A couple marks in Canada's favor - the base L includes the handy blind spot monitoring/rear cross traffic alert while US has to upgrade to LE for the privilege. Then there's the panorama moon roof on the Canadian Limited while here it's only on the highest trim.

The fog lights in Canada aren't available until XLE. US gives them on LE. I'm sure there's rhyme and some reason for these marketing differences.
Funny, for my Canadian sensibilities, the Limited edition was perfect. I wanted the combo of the panoramic roof, 8" screen and bench seat. In the U.S., I would have been forced to go Platinum for the roof I wanted and end up with the captain's chairs and 12.3" screen I didn't want.

Also, my dealer had preloaded roof rack crossbars, cargo liner, wheel locks and rustproofing which they forgot to consider during negotiations. BONUS!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Toyota Canada needs create a document that is free and available online and at dealerships that show the difference between the US and Canadian trims of their vehicles. I say this because today we can get our hands on vehicles test online from independent companies through YouTube and elsewhere which are typically US based. Maybe why we don't see this is because Toyota Canada is still in a yesterday thinking state. Back in the 70s, 80s and 90s we didn't have access to information like we do now.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
The U.S. brochure is very thorough about the features/trim levels, even a little more than the specs portion of the Toyota Web site. I just looked and I see that the Canadian brochure is pretty thin in comparison. You're right - that's no help.

What I've learned about Toyota - even in the U.S. - is that you can't assume a feature is there if it doesn't say so explicitly. For example, a common source of angst is the memory function for seats and mirrors. It can have power seats and power mirror adjustment, but it doesn't have memory if the spec sheet doesn't say the word "memory". Similar thing with the lack of the power folding feature on the outside mirrors. "Power mirrors" is NOT the same as "Power folding mirrors."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts