Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i just want to thank Luc for his advice and the rest of you for not laughing me out of this forum. yes yes i know....i'm a newbie and my knowledge with this stuff is lacking...BUT... i am trying to do it myself.

ok... here are my questions. I've just installed a slightly older clarion deck into my 4Runner (thanks to Luc). it still requires a C-Bus connector when connecting equipment, such as a CD changer, to the RCA line in cables on the back of the deck.

I'd like to install my handheld mp3 player to this line in. However, i do not know if that's possible... AND i do not know what a C-Bus connector is or where to find one. (runs and hides in shame)

if anybody could help me in my quandary...i'd be greatly appreciative.

thank you for your time,

Britt Martin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok.... well i've done some research and figured that the C-Bus is just a cable...that obviously won't connect to my mp3 player.

when i hook the mp3 player directly into the line in RCA it plays... but only over the noise from the radio as well...

any way to mute all that sound so that the mp3 player can play clearly without the background hiss of the radio?

·
Registered
Highlander
1,613 Posts
What's happening is you are summing the signals from the MP3 player with the radio and/or CD source, thus hearing noise. Check Clarion to see if they have a C-bus to AUX (RCA) adapter that fits in the changer harness. That's only way you can get your MP3 music through. The radio will recognize that adapter and allows to be selected.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,613 Posts
Oh btw, the RCA that you see on the back of the radio is actually a loop for a Clarion EQ when it's attached to the C-bus, as I believe the new ones uses a Z-bus.

If Clarion doesn't have an adapter, you can look into getting a RF-modulator with RCA inputs, tune to a FM station and listen through there. Granted, it won't be as clean as a straight through since it's limited by the tuner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i've done some research per your advice...

there isn't a C-bus/RCA adapter available...

there is however a C-bus/CeNet adapter...and then a CeNet/RCA adapter... but the price of the two pushes 200 dollars and i don't even know if they can be used simultaneously to work correctly.

i'm currently posting on two car audio forums to try and find out. this question has had to have been asked before.

i'll keep you posted.

the FM modulator is a good suggestion however you're right, i'd rather have a direct lead for the quality if i'm going to go to this much trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts