Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my 2013 Avalon LTD is started, display is in the "Distance to Empty" setting even though it was in MPG setting when it was shut down. When display is switched to the MPG setting it resets to 0. So it's no longer possible to track mileage for a full tank of fuel or on a trip for multiple refills.
Any ideas on what's causing this?

·
Registered
907 Posts
When my 2013 Avalon LTD is started, display is in the "Distance to Empty" setting even though it was in MPG setting when it was shut down. When display is switched to the MPG setting it resets to 0. So it's no longer possible to track mileage for a full tank of fuel or on a trip for multiple refills.
Any ideas on what's causing this?
I had a similar problem recently when my cumulative MPG reset spontaneously on several occasions. In my case it was due to a loose battery connection. When that was corrected the problem went away. I hope the solution to your situation might be that simple as well. Check for corrosion and/or a loose connector at your battery.

Robert N.

·
PJSMITH
1,517 Posts
like many electrcyrical demons here, follow the windows 2.0 phylosophy. Restart. disconnect the battery and discharge the buggers and step on the brake pedal three times while it's disconnected. reattech battery and good luck.

Sorry for bad type. post surgery one handed
and narcotic induced.

·
Registered
126 Posts
To add to pjsithres post, clean the battery posts with a wire brush. Also clean the terminals on the cables. Make sure they are nice and shiny where they make contact with the battery posts.

Look for any other body grounds you can see in the engine compartment and clean those up as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts