Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I went on a 800 mile trip where driving was all highways and this is what I averaged(by car's computer) for mpgs.

75 mph - 37 MPG
65 mph - 42 MPG
55 mph - 47 MPG

I never saw those figures on my car before. Definitely saw the economy features of the car :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dude,

those numbers are a bit exaggerated from my end. :bullshitz
You must have been going down hill with a tail wind behind you to do that.:whatthe:

·
The Corolla That Could
09 Corolla S
366 Posts
Dude,

those numbers are a bit exaggerated from my end. :bullshitz
You must have been going down hill with a tail wind behind you to do that.:whatthe:
I agree, those numbers are quite high. The best way to check your mileage is to fill your tank, reset your trip meter, and when you refill again, divide the miles driven by the gallons used.

Normally my MPG comp in my car is about 2 mpg high, but yesterday when i filled up it was dead on (33.4). I did drive like a granny on that tank though, so maybe that's the differnce.

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
I agree, those numbers are quite high. The best way to check your mileage is to fill your tank, reset your trip meter, and when you refill again, divide the miles driven by the gallons used.

Normally my MPG comp in my car is about 2 mpg high, but yesterday when i filled up it was dead on (33.4). I did drive like a granny on that tank though, so maybe that's the differnce.
I think the 75 mph one is about right. When I took my trip I did 70-75mph the whole way and got 35 with the wind hitting the car. My computer always reads 2 mpg higher than what Im getting

·
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These numbers were given to me by the onboard monitor. The numbers are also blocked, so they are from times I recorded in the same streach of road. I just wanted to see what the averages are at certain speeds. I did drive at the speeds of 75 mph for the greatest streach so that would probably be the most accurate reading. All the readings were over at least 50 miles when I took them. I never said that these were accurate but it definitely shows potential of how good our car can do on the highway.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think i avg. about 38 mpg w/ CC on a very slightly angled highway. I've never went faster than 70 in my car though.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,011 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
that is :bullshitz.... this past weekend i took a trip to a lake all hway..drove 80 miles total on a full tank of gas doing about 65 mph to 70 mph..and i went from full tank to half a tank in 1 day by the time i got baq (no ac on)..most of the drive over was down hill and then going back was up hill hway..so these figures are inacc..

i dont consider the corolla to be fuel efficient esp in city driving..even the cruise control feels like im going faster than the mph i got preset so idk..

·
350whp grocery getter
2010 Corolla S
488 Posts
You don't consider the Corolla fuel efficient? Ya, okay. Here is an idea, don't put your foot in it so much. I drive the shit out of mine and have had an average of 31 over 10k miles. Try driving 80% of the other vehicles on the road and then come back and talk about fuel efficiency.

If you need more, buy a hybrid or a Yaris. Even then, you have to drive to save fuel.

·
Registered
354 Posts
that is :bullshitz.... this past weekend i took a trip to a lake all hway..drove 80 miles total on a full tank of gas doing about 65 mph to 70 mph..and i went from full tank to half a tank in 1 day by the time i got baq (no ac on)..most of the drive over was down hill and then going back was up hill hway..so these figures are inacc..

i dont consider the corolla to be fuel efficient esp in city driving..even the cruise control feels like im going faster than the mph i got preset so idk..
Half a tank after 80 miles? :wtf:
That doesnt even make sense.
80/6.5 = 12mpg .... on the highway. Ok.

If the corolla isnt efficient, wth is?
Excluding hybrid/electric, how many cars really have a significantly higher mpg avg than the corolla?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,011 Posts

That sounds way off. :facepalm: I usually get around 150 miles when my needle reads 3/4 of a tank. On my trip in June I had a couple of tanks that I was pushing 175-190 miles at that same point. On those tanks I got around 40 mpg but that was traveling in a 55 mph zone at around 60-63 mph. ;)

·
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I pulled my numbers off he vehicles computer if they were manually calc I bet they were at least a couple mpg's less. I was astonished tosee such a high number for that long of a streach.

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
I pulled my numbers off he vehicles computer if they were manually calc I bet they were at least a couple mpg's less. I was astonished tosee such a high number for that long of a streach.
yeah you "bet" they would be almost as good...

my friend's camry hybrid is new and his mpg thing says 70.5 mpg...I bet it's almost accurate too

the only way to accurately measure your mpg is doing the trip reset and refill

I just did a 420 mile trip 2 days ago in my Camry SE and got 34.5 :cool:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,011 Posts
yeah you "bet" they would be almost as good...

my friend's camry hybrid is new and his mpg thing says 70.5 mpg...I bet it's almost accurate too

the only way to accurately measure your mpg is doing the trip reset and refill

I just did a 420 mile trip 2 days ago in my Camry SE and got 34.5 :cool:
Is your Camry SE a 4 or 6 cylinder?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts