Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mountaineer
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just incase nobody is using it I would sugest getting the Mr. Clean autodry carwash system. This thing is great, it works so good you wont believe it. When you use it there is no need to dry you truck it wil dry spotless on its own. I cant believe that it actually works as well as it does. Bottom line get it now, you will love it.:clap:

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
I had the old style for about 2 yrs and it worked really well, and just recently got the new one in the kit with the higher pressure for a steal at Costco on clearance for $11.00. I haven't used it yet, but the other guys I bought them for have and really like it also.

The soap smells pretty:ugh3: ......

Marc

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I used it before. yes it does dry without leaving spots...BUT when the truck gets wet again it looks like its never had a coat of wax in its life. Nothing beads or sheets off. I prefer to just dry it

·
God Bless!
2006 Tacoma
374 Posts
Thanks for the info. I think I'll just to drying by hand as well. Speaking of drying, I used Pb's technique of using a leaf blower to dry. It felt strange doing it but it really worked. I'm sure the neighbors were peeking through their blinds shaking the heads. They were probably thinking, "Hey Marge, Look at that damn mexican using that leaf blower on that truck instead of the yard!" :eek:

Is there any harm to the paint by doing this? just wanna make sure...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
No just as long as your not blasting rocks and sand at it

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
2K6TAC said:
Thanks for the info. I think I'll just to drying by hand as well. Speaking of drying, I used Pb's technique of using a leaf blower to dry. It felt strange doing it but it really worked. I'm sure the neighbors were peeking through their blinds shaking the heads. They were probably thinking, "Hey Marge, Look at that damn mexican using that leaf blower on that truck instead of the yard!" :eek:

Is there any harm to the paint by doing this? just wanna make sure...
No, it doesn't harm at all. It seems a little goofy at first, but it works great. Lots of car detailing fanatics use this method. It makes the majority of the water run off, and you can dry the remaining water off a lot quicker with your towel. Be sure to give it a good blow :eek: around the mirrors, door handles, grill, and wheels. It really gets the water out of the cracks where water like to hide, until you start driving, and then it runs out on the paint after you just dried it. Doh.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
05XRunner said:
I used it before. yes it does dry without leaving spots...BUT when the truck gets wet again it looks like its never had a coat of wax in its life. Nothing beads or sheets off. I prefer to just dry it
One reason the AutoDry kills your wax job is because their soap has alcohol in it. Alcohol eats wax like a fat kid eats cake. The reason they put alcohol in their soap is because it is real good as a cleaning agent, and it also speeds up the drying process.

If you want to protect your wax job, but you still want to use the Mr. Clean AutoDry fill it up with your own car wash soap, like Meguiars or Mothers. The instructions say to only use their special AutoDry soap, but that is because they want to make more money off of you.

And be sure to change those expensive water filters when needed. I'm pretty sure that 6 or 8 car washes is probably the max, and then the filter can't do it's job any more.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma DC
319 Posts
Pb2theMax said:
And be sure to change those expensive water filters when needed. I'm pretty sure that 6 or 8 car washes is probably the max, and then the filter can't do it's job any more.
All depends on how hard your water is. If you have really hard water like at my place then you'll have to change the filter more. Personally I refuse to buy a product like this since I have a water softener at home and use the soft water to wash my truck. Works great and eliminites the spots on the windows. I still use windex w/vinegar to do the windows though just no scrubbing. No wax problems with soft water either and your soap goes a long way.

·
Mountaineer
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah im going to switch soap to I think, I did nto know that the Mr. Clean soap had alcohol in it, so im going to try it with some other soap. And as far as the white film being left on the truck I dont know. I have been using the product since it first came out and have never seen white film being left on any of my trucks.

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma 4x4
15 Posts
The filter only last about half of what they claim and is expensive. I wasn't that impressed with the results and their soap does break down the wax finish!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I gave up on it after my initial enthusiasm, and expense for filters. It’s performance IMHO is just meh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts