Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1993 MR2 Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one time someone posted a link to what their bov sounded like. It was a great link but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what that link is???? Thanks.

:disappoin

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
What kinda bov?? Stock bpv or aftermarket? I believe J&H had a video of his stock one vented to atmospehere... is that the one you're talking about?

·
1993 MR2 Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the link? I just want to hear it because it sounded just like my car, but I don't remember if it was stock or aftermarket.

·
1993 MR2 Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a greddy bov. Also, I checked that site but could not find it, but it does look like the site I originally found it on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
JekylandHyde said:
I have an in car video of the OEM BPV vented to atmosphere.
You can only vent the OEM valve if you have gotten rid of the AFM.

You can find my video in the center column here:
http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/HydePhotos.htm

so what do u use to get rid of the AFM and where can u buy the part/parts to do it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
can anyone tell me if that will do what i need it too or do i have to buy something else along with it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Quite frankly I enjoy the sound of the OEM BPV recirculted to an aftermarket intake.

Nice and quiet when you dont wanna hear it, but still nice when build some boost...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Was the HKS SSQ just a simple bolt on, or were there any mods needed?

·
1993 MR2 Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got the greddy type S and don't really have a problem with it. I was told that it is the most reliable aftermarket bov because of the internal components but who knows. I am happy with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i was reading somewhere that running an aftermarket bov or venting to the atmosphere without the vpc would cause the engine to run rich after it blows off.

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
So, the HKS SSQV won't cause the car to run rich, but will give you more sound?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts