Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gusy, yet another thread on the infamous e153 swap....I've sourced a cheap MR2 e153 tranny in NY so I had one thing I had to figure out. What axles do I have to use?

I know normally when doing the e153 swap most people like to use V6 Trannys. and they will use V6 axles and hubs. I, however am not sure what axle & hub combination I need to use.

Anyone know?

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
luisitol said:
I know normally when doing the e153 swap most people like to use V6 Trannys. and they will use V6 axles and hubs. I, however am not sure what axle & hub combination I need to use.
I think you answered your own question.

V6 Camry axles and hubs.

I'd help you out more by looking up part numbers and cross referencing, but I can't get the damn EPC to work. It keeps complaining about cd setup. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
88LE, i was having toruble with my EPC too, i'll check tomorrow. I talked with Justin and he agrees too that the V6 axles will work jsut fine. Hopefully i can ocnfimr that its the same part wiht the EPC tomorrow

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
luisitol said:
88LE, i was having toruble with my EPC too, i'll check tomorrow.
Weird.

Is it the European version from Yankee Toys?

http://www.yankeetoys.org/docs.htm

I've tried installing it multiple times and it keeps complaining about setup. Stupid thing. :rolleyes:

Looks like we both need a newer version of the EPC.

I talked with Justin and he agrees too that the V6 axles will work jsut fine.
Kewl.

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
sorry sorta off topic but

epc? electronic parts catalog? we can get a whole documentation of our car's parts?

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
Xevuhtess77 said:
epc? electronic parts catalog? we can get a whole documentation of our car's parts?
Yup.

Its what the parts department at Toyota dealerships use to look up parts. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts