Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1993 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
'93 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any, or know of any knight Rider mods for the mkII MR2 - such as the red sliding LED on the nose?

·
1993 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
'93 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know....... has anyone done any modifications to make an MR2 look like K.I.T.T from Knight Rider...

·
1993 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
'93 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just found this on another site - but there was no information about if it's real / where it came from etc...

How great would this be!! :clap:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Portgordon said:
I just found this on another site - but there was no information about if it's real / where it came from etc...

How great would this be!! :clap:
Well the pic's phostoshopped... I doubt that anyone actually makes a bumper for the 2 that has the recess for the lights... you'd have to do some custom fiberglass work, I would think.

IMHO, a lot of work for a little rice.

·
BahaMR2
1992 JDM MR2
225 Posts
i hope you are kidding dude. the MR2 deserves some form of respect. however if u really want to make this a project i doubt u'd have to go deep into custom work just get the cheap fibre glass bomex front bumper with the hole in the middle and flap the riciest led alarm slider u can find.

:disappoin

·
1993 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
'93 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, okay I seem to be on my own in thinking that this could look good :sosad: Oh dear!

I mean it doesn't have to be with the bumper above - thats just the best example I've found (even though it is photoshopped!)

I just really like the idea of a high quality LED slider on the front - switchable so I can turn it off when I see too many people rolling their eyes at it!

My MR2 is silver anyay so I wouldn't get the full KITT effect without a full respray which I imagine would be too expensive anyway.

·
Registered
99 Camry LE
180 Posts
^^^I'm with you on this...the KITT look would be pretty nice...it could be considered "rice," but i would think it would be nostalgic

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you can find a way to make the BOV sound like KITT's turbo boost, let us know.

'Cause I would totally get one of those.

·
1993 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
'93 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wait until the new Knight Rider film comes out - everyone will be doing it! :rolleyes:

·
1993 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
'93 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks LJ - sounds good!

RningonFumes - yeah I've heard quite a lot of stuff (most of which could be rumours) about a new Knight Rider film - and I mean a real film rather than the complete flops which have already been released!

Mr Hasselhoff will be in it, but I believe he will be playing the type of role that Devon played in the series - with an unknown playing the main role.

Hopefully they won't completely screw up the film with a bad choice of car - like the red Pontiac in NR2000!!

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
I personally always wanted a KITT myself. Seeing that i'm a Toyota guy, might as well incoporate your dream into your existing hobbies IMO! that MR2 does look good to me. I'd sport it not as a mr2 fan, but more so a KR fan! There are krider clubs that sell the light scanner.

·
1993 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
'93 MR2 GT 2.0 T-Bar
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This site makes some nice quality scanners - I'm not sure how well it would work in a MkII though - might have to leave a gap when closing the front storage compartment which would mean it wouldn't be flush (nasty). Could work though - might be enough light to shine through with no extra gap.

http://www.knightlight.co.uk/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts