Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, I was not able to pass my 91 Turbo Mr2 in the state emission. Both my CO
and HC passed in fying colors, however my NOX is very high. I added another non-OBDI II
catalytic and magnificiently passed. My engine is JDM & don't have EGR valve.

This emission sh*t is a fraud in America. Some state don't have this program and some states pursue it in passion. This of course, so the state can get million in federal grants. In my State, if you don't pass the 2nd times & as long as you "spend" $635. in the garage that took the sample of your emission, they will waive your test and will give you 2 years extention. If the garage change your catalytic, spark plug, egr valve, etc...etc..etc..money, money, money, money and still won't pass, they will waive and give you 2 years pass. This probe to be a FRAUD system!! If you don't pay $635. the MVD will not renew your registration and you cannot drive your car. BULL CRAP!!

I took picture of the catalytic I made and notice at glance my Lotus Esprit V8tt rear is very, very similar to my MR2. I thought its my Mr2. I guess its not a co-incident that the Lotus V8tt has a touch of Toyota BLOOD. I loved both cars...both mid-engine, one reliable & one unreliable but gives you some real speed!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MR2crazybyong said:
i just love the lotus esprit! one of my favorite cars.. but are you saying that lotus are unreliable?
Well, I think everytime you are in a Supercar, your mind wonders which parts will go next. Some call it "exotic" which means half woman half animal. None of the exotic car ever driven like any Japanese car. You will never hear any recalls in any exotic cars because no one would like to drive the car farthern than a 7-11 stores. Having a lotus with a history of lemon parts from the past, you always wonders if this is the same ghost from the past. So far, its ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andyb16 said:
What about F'ed Over Rebuilt Dodge? I remember that one from back in the day.

Esprits are nice, but give me a Motorsport Elise anyday!!

My son has an Elise, he said he rather drive a supercar. I guess different strokes for different folks. If you want something for street twist and bents, Elise is a way to go.
If you want both and hit to 178mph, poke some eyes in the fast lane, then think of the Yellow mellow esprit tt. My Mr2 turbo will beat the Elise in: traffic light and in top speed....no question. Probably Mr2 cannot keep up if its a road race.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
do you have any sort of aftermarket controls on your motor controlling the fuel? Reason i ask is this..... Since you do have a cat on your car, if you were to run closer to stoich (since forced induction cars tend to run rich) then you might get closer to the marks needed. Also, you could potentially cheat by using slightly smaller injectors and using a boost controller to run the boost way down - low comp pistons, very little boost, and running stoich at that point should give you really low numbers.

my favorite for FORD is actually backwards: Driver Returns On Foot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.