Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what muffler would make an MR2 Turbo sound awesome? I do not want it sounding like those Honda's, you know the ones that have a high fart like sound. I want it to be as low and growling as possible. I know the engine will not allow for the sound of a Camero or Mustang, but I want to be as close as possible.

Any suggestions?

(No offence to the people who own Honda's.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
i dont know of anything that will make it sound like a v8, but i have a custom exhaust with an hks hiper muffler and it sounds like a mini supra. its great

·
I do NOT exist ...
167 Posts
i have yet to here any aftermarket system for the MR2 Turbo make sound like Honda. the 3SGTE just seems to sound ... um ... different. i chose the A'PEXi GT Spec for mine and i'm very, very pleased.

check out as many options as possible though: KO Racing, GReddy, HKS, APEXi, ATP, etc.

·
I do NOT exist ...
167 Posts
actually, this has been bugging me ... i can't remember what ATP stands for and i've come up with two other companies that carries the same initials. does any one know what i'm talking about? ATP is/was a company that used to be big with Buick GN/GNX guys, but they made a pretty good exhaust system for other cars, including the MR2T. anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts