Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it true that a 2nd Gen MR2 N/A can only be brought up to about 150 HP? if not what are some ways besides a swap to get the HP up?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I just got here and don't know much, but I can honestly say that any care can be taken beyond that mark, but you will seriously compromise the integrity of the drive train. You probably wouldnt want to do a turbo to it because I imagine toyota did some beefing up of the internals on engines that came with boost.

You could probably do nitrous if you didnt care about your engine but that wouldn't really be smart.

Other than that I don't know anything about mr2's, lol...

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
eclypz said:
Well I just got here and don't know much, but I can honestly say that any care can be taken beyond that mark, but you will seriously compromise the integrity of the drive train. You probably wouldnt want to do a turbo to it because I imagine toyota did some beefing up of the internals on engines that came with boost.

You could probably do nitrous if you didnt care about your engine but that wouldn't really be smart.

Other than that I don't know anything about mr2's, lol...
I believe he is talking about with a NA car... and not pushing any juice.

I am sure it COULD be done.... but there is so little aftermarket for the 5SFE that you would be spending so much money to have parts made and such.... that it just wouldn't be worth it.

A lot of people have good success with a 5sfe block and 3sgte head though.... maybe that is something you could look into. You would be turbod.... but you could still have your 5sfe block :rolleyes: . Probably more work in the end still...

EDIT: We are talking about RWHP right??? Cause you realize that making your car 150rwhp would be adding close to 50whp. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
Umm..... that's for an MKI. 4a's in the MK1. 5s and 3s in the MK2. Although..... i wonder if anyone has ever twincharged a 3sgte?
I remember someone having a TT MR2 and it was documented. It was pretty quick too. Someone also had a supercharged, turbocharged 4AGZE, but I think it blew up after the first test run. :lol:
I wish I could remember and get links.

Jason

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
there are currently two TT mr2s that i know of still exist...one was for sale(it looked really beat up and uncared for)..and the other is currently owned POUYA on the main mr2 board....tt mr2 wouldnt be much faster then a mr2 with an upgraded turbo...most ppls opt for this route because one...its easier to do...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts