Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
5,947 Posts
^ You could do that... but would have to get it custom done at a shop. You would probably be better off just buying an entire exhaust system if you have a turbo. I believe MRQ has dual mufflers... are the the HKS dual draggers? I forget what you had one there.

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
madmann29 said:
what if i just want to buy mufflers, not the whole exhaust system, like 2 seperate mufflers to attach would that work
u would still need custom piping to connect them to the car.....i have HKS dual draggers on my car....actully...if u get the mufflers...i can sell u my complete hks piping....from downpipe all the way to the mufflers...all u would have to do is get mufflers...and then have an exhaust shop weld it all together...PM me for details........but keep in mind this will only fit turbos...will not work with NA...

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,316 Posts
I have dual mufflers on Jekyl (my NA).
The mufflers were $15.95 EACH from summitracing.com.
The shiny tips I bought were $22.95 EACH from summitracing.com.

It cost me about $150 for the pipes and fabrication.

$227.80 total. :D

MR2s are very safe, but the risk of losing control as a new driver is great --- especially in wet weather.
MR2s are awesome, but not as first cars (in my opinion).

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
148 Posts
^^ Agreed. You need to have experience driving before you take on an MR2. Once tamed though, it is one awesome beast! I suggest putting it in the back of your mind for down the road. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The most dangerous time for a new MR2 driver IMO is a wide banking turn, because yes, the car will stick, but when it goes...it goes, so i wouldnt recomend it as a first car either. I have a friend that did just that...but he walked away without a scratch. The car was totaled..but he was in one piece.

In no way take my one story account to mean the car is "safe".

Its also difficult for people new to modifying cars, to tune, the engine bay is comparatively very small, and the car is relatively old, making parts harder to find.

Im no expert on them, but id get an old supra if you want to keep it toyota, make it easier to modify, and want something safer. They drive ok, and have a really big motor (which is a big turn on to any new driver)

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
^^most ppls that spin out their mr2s usually always have at least these two factors involved.....wet conditions.....and crappy tires.....u can also add speed as a factor also...i've only spun out my car once..but that was pure driver error....going way too fast around a corner with cold/wet tires.....i've learned over the years to one..always have meaty rubber on the rears (replace tires as needed rather than wait and wait to get new ones) and to slow down when its wet out.....in the dry...the car is simply amazing and fun to drive.....

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
5,947 Posts
^ You're doing something wrong then :p:

I have spun them a couple of times... but i generally like to keep my tires for a while.

But we aren't talking about spinning tires... were talking about spinning the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If he has an auto, i can see how he hasnt spun them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.