1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this??

Mr2 seats

camry seats

I would like to put the mr2 seats into my 01 2.2L camry someday.. Anyone try it.? I think they look alot better in a camry. What do yall think?

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
it can be done....easily too (beleive it or not), take your old seats out and disassemble the lower half of the slider, so that the only part you have is the actual section of the slider that meets up witht he bottom bolts, then take them set them in, measure the distance and get metal slats to cross those members, bolt them up and then bolt on your seats to those. Personally, it is WAY easier with aftermarket seats due to the sliders having flat bottoms

·
Registered
52 Posts
:lol: Looks cool? Usually it's good to do a cost benefit analysis before investing labor.
  • If i'm sitting on it, my ass cares for the comfort, not looks.
  • If you got a girl in your car, you don't concern yourself with thoughts about if the girl thinks the seats look cool (usually because you are too busy looking at her chestnuts).
  • If you get lucky, the look of the seats are the last thing on both of your minds.
  • Lastly, and trust me on this, it's better to get lucky on Camry seats than on MR2 seats. It's easier on the back and ass.
I see the benefits being less than the cost of material and labor to put the MR2 seats in. :smokin:

I could also mention how your car depreciates when you chop it up, but I think the pain in the back and ass is enough.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
keep in mind if you do your own stuff you are also messing with your own life if you made a mistake.. IE your HOME MADE brakets breaking and your ass going thru your windsheild...

id take a sparco bracket over a home made one (unless made by my pro friends)

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
Trdkamuri510 said:
keep in mind if you do your own stuff you are also messing with your own life if you made a mistake.. IE your HOME MADE brakets breaking and your ass going thru your windsheild...

id take a sparco bracket over a home made one (unless made by my pro friends)

well, if you dont know what your doing, you probly shouldnt be playing with a welder as it is...:ugh3:

·
Registered
52 Posts
prnc_chrmng said:
well, if you dont know what your doing, you probly shouldnt be playing with a welder as it is...:ugh3:
Sheeee-it! If your life is worth risking to prove that whoever did the welds knew what they were doing, more power to ya. :lol:

I say save the money and trouble and just walk in front of a moving train to get it over with. Save this server some disk space.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i agree chrming... if anything my brackets are being made custom: they would come from a race shop (specifally my shop) since im a bike/car guy i have alot of access to these things.. but honestly welds do fail....

be very careful when doing your own stuff...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Trdkamuri510 said:
i agree chrming... if anything my brackets are being made custom: they would come from a race shop (specifally my shop) since im a bike/car guy i have alot of access to these things.. but honestly welds do fail....

be very careful when doing your own stuff...
Appreciate the concern but I do know very well what I am doing and quite frankly I trust my welds more than some shop that I dont know if they really did ok or not. I always build things way stronger than they ever used to be. Besides, its the seatbelts that save you in a crash, not the seats themselves. I would never mess with seat belt mounting locations.

·
Registered
442 Posts
do you guys know anything about welding? A good weld wont fail in a car accident unless your HAULING ass im talking 130 mph... Once you weld 2 pieces of metal together, if its a job done right they are welded.... for good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts