Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exuse my ignorance about these cars..well first off i am looking for a nice..decently priced sporty quick 2 door car, i have known about mr2's for a while now but dont know much about them... can you guys tell me how much power they have stock, how easy they are to mod and how the market is for mods, really anything helpful would be great guys sorry for seeming a bit stupid :( im asking about the early 90's mr2's i believe that is the year..

·
Registered
97 Posts
91-95 mr2 turbos had 200hp and i think the n/a version had 135hp.from my experince the aftermarket parts are available but you will pay a little more for them due to the rarity of the car.so dont expect parts to be as cheap or plentiful as for say a honda civic.as far as making power it seems to be fairly easy to get more power out of a turbo model with not to much $$$.but if you want to get say 300hp or over you are going to have to spend the jack!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
93turbomr2 said:
91-95 mr2 turbos had 200hp and i think the n/a version had 135hp.from my experince the aftermarket parts are available but you will pay a little more for them due to the rarity of the car.so dont expect parts to be as cheap or plentiful as for say a honda civic.as far as making power it seems to be fairly easy to get more power out of a turbo model with not to much $$$.but if you want to get say 300hp or over you are going to have to spend the jack!
thanks for the reply..does anyone know the weight of the mr2?

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
if you do a search on the forum you should be able to find out all the information you need. most of it has already been talked about. :thumbup:

·
Mmm, I love turbos!
51 Posts
Like he said, try a search. You can try this link here which should give you some comparative info between the first 2 generations.

The only thing you have to be careful of these cars is if you push 'em, this might happen to you if you're not careful. (10MBs in mpeg-1 format)

Good luck with your quest!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hyde is a good example of what the Mr2 turbo engine is capable of. Hyde is currently at 350RWHP on stock internals. that's over 400HP at the crank. i don't see any Honda's pulling numbers like that on stock engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.