Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no way. my car is close to being stock. she's only got e-z bolt-ons right now. the guy owning the 200 w/sr20det fwd claim it to run 12's with slicks. his car is somewhat upgraded. i/c, exhau, intake, T28 turbo instead of T25. no boost controller, no fcd, no electronics at all. i think it's bogus that he's running 12's. with no electronics to allow higher boost, the max hp i assume is around 240hp. maybe when i get a boost controller, fcd and better tires, i'll destroy him.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What does it matter anyways? Compare a stock car to a stock car.

And dont compare sports cars to FWD cars, even if it runs in the 12's. The point is on the FF layout the more power you add, the worse its handling and launching capabilities. When on throttle it understeers and when launching weight transfers away from their drive wheels. The more you up the power, the worse it gets...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha. thanks for the reassurance and support. the guy's buddy keeps sniping at me and my Two. he must be jealous. rollin in a two makes everyone take a second look and stare hard. haha.

·
Registered
91 MR2 Turbo
197 Posts
you could make him cry by using just a DIY FCD and boost controller youd only be out 20 bucks tops and should have plenty of power to smoke him, thats what i think

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the response. actually, i've been in the car before. it's not that bad. there was a lot of talk about that car...a lot of hype. i'll say with the mods it's got now....it's not that fast compared to my Mr2 that's mostly stock. but then again...im a MT new driver and shifting is still at practice. other than that....i think i have a very good chance.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Hmm... you might lose your clutch trying to keep up with him. I think the car could beat em'... but if you new to MT (not to bash on you, you might be really good), you might push yourself and screw you tranny up. Just take him to a nice curvey road :)... you will destroy him... and you shouldn't have to worry about messing too much up (if anything). That way... he will probably end up in a ditch trying to keep up with you, but your car will be okay :).

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Lachean said:
A boost controller and FCD for 20 bucks? Where?

Not to mention you'll need a boost gauge, and a pod to place it in. I wish boost control was that cheap, its more like $130
I believe the key phrase was 'DIY'. Don't know how that works :hammer:

·
sargdesigns
2,497 Posts
MRQturbo said:
Man, you guys are cheaping out on me! :lol: Just save up and get something you won't regret, like the HKS EVC ('EZ version' if your all about saving money.) It works good and you still won't have to route any pressurized (vaccum) lines into your cabin, while having the ability to preset boost levels & switch between these levels on the fly. :thumbup:

Not to mention that it has lots of other cost-worthy features from a good brand like HKS. :) Damn, I feel like I'm really trying to push a sell. hehe...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hks evc is too damn expensive. it's like 600+. does anyone know of any electronic boost controller that is cheaper, but still quality and respectable? GReddy? apexi?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^u'll still need a FCD....the main adv of an EBC is that u have the ability to switch boost settings "on the fly"....i'm not even running any boost controller in my car....boost is regulated via the wastegate (14psi spring) so i hit 14psi all the time if i hammer it....i'd love to add a EVC to my HKS collection but costs just don't justify for my needs....the only time i need to run higher boost (20+ psi would be at the track with race fuel)...i wouldn't feel comfortable running that much boost on the streets on 94 pump gas....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts