Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok hear it is i was four wheeling withe my 89 toyota 4x4 and i had low visability due to mud on my windshield and i was going to fast and i came up on a 90 degree corner i almost saved it but i hit a tree at about 20 miles an hour i want to fix my baby but im not a body guy im a mechanic guy does any body no how hard it is to replace the front core support on my truck and if you have done it what you had to do and if you no any body that might have the part let me no i live in vancouver wa.

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
I know the core support is repaceable but I don't know what's involved in it.

My truck got in a parking lot fender bender about 10 years ago and they replaced mine.

·
7MGTE/22RE
Turbo Supra
431 Posts
please break up your post into more than one giant sentence. :)

yes it's replacable, and not terribly difficult to do so.

-shaeff

·
Registered
1989 Pickup 4WD
586 Posts
Actually, I helped removed part of a front core support on a Nissan Hardbody here recently. It's not difficult at all! You have to remove both fenders, the radiator and anything else connected to the front core support, then cut the weird gluish stuff sealing it together, and bingo!

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
The core support on your truck is welded on with a bunch of spot welds.

After stripping the front of your truck to access it you will need to drill through all of the spot welds and remove it. Then, if needed, staighten the innerfenders at the mounting locations then spot weld a new core support in. You must make sure that it all lines up where it is supposed to go.

The Factory Service Manual (FSM) contains diagrams and dimensions for all of this.

This thread shows pictures of this process, although not in great detail, and you can see the general process; http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t156455.html

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1991 yota pickup
195 Posts
hit somethin again but about 40 mph faster than before and the whole front should come off in one piece. saves on labor and it definetly screams fun, fun, fun!!!

·
7MGTE/22RE
Turbo Supra
431 Posts
^ you're only 40 min. north of me. :) have you heard about that new OHV park opening near albany?

-shaeff

·
Fixing 1 Piece at a Time
89 4x4 Pickup
121 Posts
Not too far from me too. What's an OHV?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Off Highway Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts