Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Uh..I dunno...you should spend the money and get 2 modular cylinders and bolt them on next to the V4 so you have a V6.

j/k :D Your engine is a I4 not a V4. The cylinders are aranged inline not in a V shape.

Magnaflows are nice. Good sound, not ricey.

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
yea get magnaflow just don't get a magnaflow then have performance headers...it will then sound ricey if you do have performance headers w/ magnaflow muffler get a magnaflow resonator to go along w/ it...then the rice will be gone and yea it's I4(4 cylinder) camry

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
corruptninja said:
i have a 2000 v4 camry and want a new muffler that doesn't sound ricey and isn't too loud. I was considering getting either a magnaflow or flowmaster. Any suggestions?
You claim to not want rice, yet, you think you have a V4...:rolleyes: :confused:
(Sorry, but i can't stand ppl using the whole "ricer" thing,,,get over it!!!)

Get a Magnaflow or something like that, they all generally sound good, and have good flow.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
you dont want an aftermarket muffler.

i say this becuase you asked for "isn't too loud"

the quietest things i can think of that are cheap and sound OK are proper cannon mufflers (6"-8" diameter bodies with or without silencers) anything with big internal volume will be quiet-ish....

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
i wouldn't trust the sound clips on their website...just take our advice get magnaflow it's by far your best choice :D

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
actually those clips (i4 with the about the same displacement) sound similar. aslong as you have a resonator and a magnaflow muffler, it will sound goooood.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
I have a trd one for my i4, i seem to think it sounds pretty sweet! But then i think you don't want to be rice, but have a phart-can....your solution is a using an exhaust tip (ricey but functional for your purpose).

·
Registered
'00 toyota camry
323 Posts
magnaflow mufflers sound good and deep, not raspy/buzzy even with the stock resonator.
get a magnaflow street series "oval" design.
its a noticable sound difference from stock, but you'll get used to it
just keep your stock resonator when installing.

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
haha Just to add to the ricer thing (I know i shouldnt but i just wanna get something out). if you talk to general people of the US "doing *ANYTHING* to your car is rice." So really the definatition of rice has been reinvented. So I guess you could say anything is rice if its different. All in how everyone else see's it really. Could sound or look "Rice" but if everyone thinks your car is cool.. its automatically not "Rice".. But if it looks corny, to you, it is basically assumed to be rice by everyone else... haha so really rice is just something people say when your car looks ridiculously retarded..

Anyways yes magnaflow would be sweet. I would just reccommend not buying a $10 muffler off of ebay. Anything cheap and you know it will sound like shit.

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
I'm partial to Magnaflow...I have an axle-back setup and am very satisfied. Muffler was $105 shipped.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i just got my magnaflow install and i really impress with the sound.got the dual tips and just with the muffler only is nice tone for cruisin but roar and deep sound when you gunned it.yup get the magnaflow for sure.i will make the video after my intake put in.

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
COFFEE CAN EXHAUST FTW

Nah but seriuosly.. Magnaflow is the way to go. I had one on my 4cylinder Camry and it was nice. Low but had some sport to it... quiet at idle, relatively quiet at 70-80 with little to no drone at all. Only time it ever got loud was at WOT.

·
Gangsta SC400 & 5.7Tundra
3,836 Posts
Like I wrote before it got deleted, Straight Pipe with a tip...... On a v6 it sounds loud, but on a I4 it has a nice growl to it. I had one one my SCed Solara and it sounded like a chevy!! LOL.....

My friend had it done on his i4 solara and the straight pipe was impressive......

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i installed the magnaflow muffler (the 4x9 xl) and it's not much louder than stock. i just replaced the stock muffler and left the resonator in. is there a way to make it a little bit louder, like putting on a bigger exhaust tip or something?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts