Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Zzzz
Camry
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally thinking of the HKS ti, as my mom still owes me a birthday present.

However, I could instead buy myself a cheaper muffler and have her just give me money for an S-AFC II.

What'd you guys think?

Also, give me some muffler ideas that are in the $120 range. (I'll be doing a full catback with 2.25" piping, so 60mm inlet or 2.25" inlet)

Thanks. :)
 

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
it really doesnt matter power wise i think...jus the weight of the titanium makes it better...get like a magnaflow or something from that shop i was tellin you about...and get on aim
 

·
Zzzz
Camry
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big_p31 said:
it really doesnt matter power wise i think...jus the weight of the titanium makes it better...get like a magnaflow or something from that shop i was tellin you about...and get on aim
I am on AIM. haha

and I know it doesn't matter power-wise, which is why I'm debating cheaping out and just getting one that looks decent and going with a nice resonator on it.
 

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
yes...jus do that...i orginally wanted a n1 but changed my mind...ill let u kno the shop if you IM me... .....yeh...and a magnaflow res...ill hook you up
 

·
Zzzz
Camry
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MadDawg said:
make sure it doesnt have a ricey exhaust sound, for me? :)
from what I gather, the resonator can control that, which is why I planned on getting a nice resonator.
 

·
Auto-Cross Addict
Joined
·
3,837 Posts
CrawlingEye said:
from what I gather, the resonator can control that, which is why I planned on getting a nice resonator.
*SMACK*

Mark, I didn't have time to yell at you last night. My computer froze.

You don't need a resonator. You already have one on your car. That's what the muffler looking thing is between your cat and muffler. And expensive mufflers aren't the answer. Get the Summit Turbo. It's much more worth the money. Mainly because your not paying for the name. It's the only answer.


But hey, if you want to hold off on it and se how mine sounds, feel free :)
 

·
Reppin my Home
Joined
·
343 Posts
I've just learned one thing, never put a flowmaster cat-back on a 1.5liter tercel. :D

Now that i have my cam, i'm looking for something too.. possibly.
 

·
Registered
Scion TC
Joined
·
202 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
*SMACK*

Mark, I didn't have time to yell at you last night. My computer froze.

You don't need a resonator. You already have one on your car. That's what the muffler looking thing is between your cat and muffler. And expensive mufflers aren't the answer. Get the Summit Turbo. It's much more worth the money. Mainly because your not paying for the name. It's the only answer.


But hey, if you want to hold off on it and se how mine sounds, feel free :)
i think he said hes getting a catback, so that would mean changing the piping too.. stock resonator fits 2.25" piping?
 

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
^told you...lifetime warranty...and they look and sound great...and that shop i told you about sells them for under 100 bucks...mark...go to magnaflow.com and go to their dealers page...youll find the store im talking about
 

·
Zzzz
Camry
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Muffler ideas... Cheap out?

UfoZ8myCow said:
A S-AFC II costs 330-350 bucks at least bro... Not to mention the limited edition black one that goes for 375.


The S-AFC II can get brand new from ebay for $280 shipped. For $350, I could still get one brand new as a bday present. Not too concerned with that. :)

In that price range... A magnaflow is probably your best bet.
That's waht I was thinking, figured might as well just get it done with. If it's not adding to my performance, I might as well just get something that'll sound decent and look decent too. :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top