Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a gently used 2015 Prius with 39k miles.

I've tried everything I know to make the Multi Display where the speed and MPG meters are brighter.

They look almost white in sunlight to light green at night but there is virtually no brightness to them.

Even the display that has the settings screen and the Hybrid System views is about as dim as the speed display.

The wheel is turned as far up and locked but it has very little effect on the display. From "full" brightness all the way down to as dim as possible there is no variation. It just all the sudden goes all dim.

So, I'm wondering if this control knob is defective and partly to blame for the dim display? It should dim all the way down from bright but as I said, it doesn't. It's all or nothing.

I was able to adjust the contrast settings on the radio display and it has helped some but even it is dimmer than I would like, especially when using the navigation.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The reason I asked, I recalled that the dash brightness can change according to how far the lights are on, was hoping maybe that was it. Went out and tested them today. By daylight it makes no difference if your lights are on, dash stays the same. After dark they are brighter if no lights are on, auto-dim as soon as you put on the lights.

I'm afraid this doesn't sound like your problem. Sorry. 8-(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I asked, I recalled that the dash brightness can change according to how far the lights are on, was hoping maybe that was it. Went out and tested them today. By daylight it makes no difference if your lights are on, dash stays the same. After dark they are brighter if no lights are on, auto-dim as soon as you put on the lights.

I'm afraid this doesn't sound like your problem. Sorry. 8-(
Ken, this is exactly what mine is doing. I tried it this evening on the way home.

With it full darkness outside, and the headlights on, with the dimmer dial clicked full bright, the dash lights are full bright.

Once I click it off and begin dialing it down, the brightness dials down just as it should if this dimmer control were operating normally.

So, I suppose there is a single set brightness that cannot be adjusted during the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts